• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Concerned Applicant. Is this a legit site??

Lana Philp

Hi All

I am concerned I have applied through a false site. I used xxxxxx.com and now I am unsure how to check if my entry has ACTUALLY been made. I'm from Australia and couldn't find an email to contact someone on USA Gov website.
Does anyone know if this site is legit, or know how I can check??

I understand that entering twice voids your applications, so I am hesitatnt to apply again throug the Gov website?

Lana

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know whether or not it's "legit" but it's certainly not official. There are some unofficial sites that are "legit" in the sense that they enter properly for you, albeit charging you fees that you don't need to pay. (And there are some real non-legit sites that are scams or, more seriously, identity thieves.)
But the rest of your post is slightly confusing - the entry period is October (ish) and usually lasts around a month - are you looking to check if they made an entry for you for last year (and what the outcome was in the draw in May 2016) or have you given them permission to enter for you in the next entry period (October 2016)?

Hi All

I am concerned I have applied through a false site. I used xxxxxx.com and now I am unsure how to check if my entry has ACTUALLY been made. I'm from Australia and couldn't find an email to contact someone on USA Gov website.
Does anyone know if this site is legit, or know how I can check??

I understand that entering twice voids your applications, so I am hesitatnt to apply again throug the Gov website?

Lana

Yep, like Susie said, that is not the official/government site for registering for the DV lottery, and registration by the way is once a year.

Now, when this site entered the lottery on your behalf, where you giving a confirmation number?

It's a bad idea to use these sites - for exactly the problem you are facing now. You don't know whether they entered or not, you have to trust them to "play fair" with you later (and many sites don't play fair), just don't do it.

In this case, if you can get them to confirm they won't submit in the October draw for you, you could enter yourself.

well
assuming the website given is correct, my browser is not allowing me to access the page, so I can't try do a check
(and maybe we should be removing the url from this forum actually? mods?)

This is still not making sense. You made the application where?
Most of these sites give a false idea that you can participate in the lottery year round when they themselves mass submit the entries during the submission period in Oct/Nov.

Most of these sites give a false idea that you can participate in the lottery year round when they themselves mass submit the entries during the submission period in Oct/Nov.

Yup, which especially leads to problems for people who have kids or get married between submitting to the "agency" and when the agency submits.