• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CN interview probability

LUCKYEDD

Congrats to all new selectees and good luck in the remaining processes.
I learned my random selection on 3rd and filled the DS-260 same day but I have a few qtns.Our CN is AF40### and am from Kenya.
1. Is that a low or high CN?
2. If AF is for all applicants for Africa,how do I know the specifics of my country?
3. I am married traditionally with no official certificate/civil license to show though I got an affidavit for our customary marriage. Do I have to get a marriage certificate from my local attorney? And if yes do they recognize a marriage certificate given after the selection?
Appreciate your informative responses guys!!

Please post once and wait for a response. I've had to delete your duplicate posts on another Thread.

1. The CN is on the high but safe side
2. Not sure what the relevance of the CN is with regards to knowing it's specific as it applies to Kenya.
3. Local attorney? Or you mean your local council authority? Anyway, yes you should get a marriage certificate - an affidavit will not cut it in the US, when you move over so you might as well get a marriage certificate now.

Congrats to all new selectees and good luck in the remaining processes.
I learned my random selection on 3rd and filled the DS-260 same day but I have a few qtns.Our CN is AF40### and am from Kenya.
1. Is that a low or high CN?
2. If AF is for all applicants for Africa,how do I know the specifics of my country?
3. I am married traditionally with no official certificate/civil license to show though I got an affidavit for our customary marriage. Do I have to get a marriage certificate from my local attorney? And if yes do they recognize a marriage certificate given after the selection?
Appreciate your informative responses guys!!

To add to moms response yes they will recognize the marriage certificate after selection but be sure to take proof of your customary marriage/life together so they can see the relationship properly (and that it is not a "green card marriage").

Thanks SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom. You guys are awesome! Bless you!
To add to moms response yes they will recognize the marriage certificate after selection but be sure to take proof of your customary marriage/life together so they can see the relationship properly (and that it is not a "green card marriage").[/QUOTE thanksthanks
Please post once and wait for a response. I've had to delete your duplicate posts on another Thread.

1. The CN is on the high but safe side
2. Not sure what the relevance of the CN is with regards to knowing it's specific as it applies to Kenya.
3. Local attorney? Or you mean your local council authority? Anyway, yes you should get a marriage certificate - an affidavit will not cut it in the US, when you move over so you might as well get a marriage certificate now.
Smom for the answer. Sorry for the duplicate

Dear All,
My wife have been selected for the lottery with a case number: 2018AF00047### ; Country: Morocco. We are actually living in the US and are certainly eligible for the AoS,
We did not fill the DS260 forms yet since we are wondering:
1. Is this a really high CN?
2. Whether it is better to apply through the consular process, or to apply for an AoS?

Thank you very much for your help.

Dear All,
My wife have been selected for the lottery with a case number: 2018AF00047### ; Country: Morocco. We are actually living in the US and are certainly eligible for the AoS,
We did not fill the DS260 forms yet since we are wondering:
1. Is this a really high CN?
2. Whether it is better to apply through the consular process, or to apply for an AoS?

Thank you very much for your help.
Congratulations on your selection!
There is a thread for AoS 2018. Check it out it' already full of info and post there you'll get answers to your questions.
Good luck

To add to moms response yes they will recognize the marriage certificate after selection but be sure to take proof of your customary marriage/life together so they can see the relationship properly (and that it is not a "green card marriage").
Thanks SusieQQQ . Of course It's not a green card marriage. In any case I had to convince him we apply .