Civil Surgeon

SheLovesMe

Registered Users (C)
I'm worried about this civil surgeon thing, all we need to do is take her immunization form from the medical exam and have it written out again on that new form, but what I have been reading is that all these doctors are trying to get people to take a new medical exam when that isn't required.

Does anyone know of an honest Civil Surgeon somewhere in the Bay Area, California that will just do his job as required by immigration?

The peninsula would be great, but I'll drive anywhere in the Bay Area for one that won't try to get more out of us than just filling out the form.

Most civil surgeons are crooks who either a) dont know the actual rules about this.....or b) know the rules but choose to make their own anyway.

If no one here gives you specific surgeons, your best bet is just to look at the list of civil surgeons in the area you specify and call them up to see which ones wont rip you off.

I just wanted to update this for people in the Bay Area California

If you need a civil surgeon for your I-693, just for the immunizations, there is this one in San Jose that will do it and they aren't like the others that refuse to fill it out and want you to do the whole medical exam again.

There wasn't any appointment, you just go in and bring your immunization record from your K1 medical exam and your passport and then it was $15 and you come back 2 or 3 days later and pick it up, they will tell you when.

So it's worth driving 100 miles for a doctor that is a good fair doctor and won't try to cheat you. They deserve more business, so if you are a K1 and you need to do this, here it is.

Dr. Albert A Gomez, Meridian Medical Group
1644 Alum Rock Avenue, San Jose, CA 95116
(408) 729-5800

If anyone knows of other good civil surgeons then leave your reply here for others so they don't have to worry.

Thanks for posting this.
This information is sure to help people in your area avoid being ripped off from scam artists....sorry, I mean Civil Surgeons.

On a side note- I got my vaccinations transcribed by Dr Arnold in TX. He accepted your vaccination records filled out at the K1/4 interview by mail and sent you the completed transcription back in the mail for a tidy sum of $20. He helped a lot of AOSers in their plight (I too was getting ridiculous quotes from local civil surgeons who refused not to do a full medical).
Sadly, Dr Arnold has retired now.