Civic examination in Gujarati

Yogesh1

This is for my mother who has been in USA since 1989 with green card.

Since 1989 she has made few trips to India which ranges few weeks to 1 year.

Question:

For civic examination does she qualify for exemption or can she give examination in Gujarati with interpreter present during an exam?

Thanks

It depends on how long she's been in the country and how old she is. It is well explained in the Guide to Naturalization

What if I cannot meet the English or civics requirements? Certain applicants, because of age or disability, have different English and civics requirements. Age — There are three important exemptions for testing based on age:
(a) If you are over 50 years old and have lived in the United States as a Permanent Resident for periods totaling at least 20 years, you do not have to take the English test. You do have to take the civics test in the language of your choice.
(b) If you are over 55 years old and have lived in the United States as a Permanent Resident for periods totaling at least 15 years, you do not have to take the English test. You do have to take the civics test in the language of your choice.
(c) If you are over 65 years old and have lived in the United States as a Permanent Resident for periods totaling at least 20 years, you do not have to take the English test, but you do have to take a simpler version of the civics test in the language of your choice. You must meet these requirements for age and time as a Permanent Resident at the time you file your application to qualify for an exemption.
To qualify for one of these exceptions, your time as a Permanent Resident does not have to be continuous. You are eligible for the exemption as long as your total time residing in the United States (as a Permanent Resident) is at least 15 or 20 years. You may not count time when you were not a Permanent Resident.
Disability — If you have a physical or developmental disability or a mental impairment so severe that it prevents you from acquiring or demonstrating the required knowledge of English and civics, you may be eligible for an exception to these requirements. To request an exception, you must file a “Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions” (Form N-648). If you believe you qualify, contact a licensed medical or osteopathic doctor or licensed clinical psychologist who will need to complete and sign your N-648.
If you qualify for a waiver of the English proficiency requirement, you must be prepared to bring an interpreter

This is for my mother who has been in USA since 1989 with green card.

Since 1989 she has made few trips to India which ranges few weeks to 1 year.

Question:

For civic examination does she qualify for exemption or can she give examination in Gujarati with interpreter present during an exam?

Thanks

US Citizenship test Questions and Answers available in GUJARATI for FREE

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...n-GUJARATI.&highlight=us+citizenship+gujarati

Guys,

I have translated US Citizenship test Questions and Answers in Gujarati.

That will help the elderly people to understand first, and then they can remember easily.
I have put them in this order for each of them. Question in english, Gujarati pronunciation (gujarati font), Gujarati meaning (gujarati font).

Beauty of this thing is, it is FREE. I have saved them in .pdf file. It is 300 KB file.

Please visit this website: http://www.gujaratiamerican.com and email me at: vishal@gujaratiamerican.com.
I will email you the .pdf file for FREE.

Good Luck guys...