Citizenship test and Oath Ceremony

monster28

Registered Users (C)
Good morning everyone,

Quick question and something I heard yesterday: is it true that at the time of the citizenship test you are also invited to the oath ceremony? If you pass the test that is? My thinking is that they've automated the test process and generate the results on the spot, and therefore can process the oath ceremony right then and there.

Any recent experiences with this?

Thank you.

Waiting time is 3 months

Most of the N-400 applicants are now waiting for the Oath ceremony after passing the interview.....

the average time is 3 MONTHS

Does anyone have any recent Citizenship experience? If yes then please share. I have applied for my Canadian Citizenship in September last year and i am still waiting for Test date.

What interview?

Hello again,

What do you mean by interview? I was under the impression that there is a test and an oath ceremony. What kind of things are we being asked during said interview?

I currently work in the US...are there any pointers that you could give me.

Oh, here's my citizenship application info:
- Applied on April 5, 2002
- Received test notice in March, 2003
- Taking the test on April 16, 2003

Best of luck to everyone.

can I apply for a citizenship test?

I'm 18 years old I have been living in the united states almost my entire life.
my family and me had passports when I was 3 and moved to los angeles.
I don't know if that's considered illegal?
I'm currently in high school and thinking about going to college but I don't think I can cuz of this.
well the reason I want to become a citizen is to do what all my friends are doing that is driving and working and also to feel like I belong.