Citizenship interview schedule

sembat

Hello friends,

My wife and I filed for citizenship in March together. We requested our cases to be adjudicated together. Our case numbers are in sequence (hers and then mine). Recently, the online status for her case number changed first to inline for interview and then interview scheduled. However, mine has not moved at all (online status shows case was received). Is this normal to have one person's case move to scheduled while other not (since we filed together and had biometrics also done together)? Usually I have seen family members filing together get their interviews on the same day.

Do I need to setup Infopass? Any advice from you all is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Even if you requested your case to adjudicated together, it does not mean, it will be done your way. Probably her file went to Mister X and your to Mister Y. If Mister X is faster or have less job than Mister Y, You wife will get a faster notice.
So be patient, it s coming....

Thanks USC2013. I hope thats the case (two different officers handling). I did see on forums that lot of others who are in the same ASC as me and filed around the same date as me got their interview scheduled status update same day as my wife's status changed so I was a bit worried. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping its not stuck in name check !!

Hello

How did you do this: - "requested our cases to be adjudicated together". I am trying to fill N-400 (husband and wife) and I don't see anywhere on the form to request this.

Thanks.

We completed our interviews and oath ceremony this week. I speak from my personal experience only but I believe when you submit your N-400 applications, they try to keep track of both spouse's cases together. We filed 3 years ago and both our case statuses would change at the same time, even though I know I was the primary applicant responsible for the delay due to name and security checks. When I requested copies of both our immigration records 2 years ago under the Freedom of Information Act, my wife's records stated that she was the beneficiary and linked to the primary applicant, me. On Tuesday my wife was interviewed first and was told that she had been approved but her oath ceremony would be scheduled pending the result of my interview. When I was approved an hour later, we were both scheduled for the oath ceremony later in the afternoon.

Again there will always be exceptions to this. My colleague and his wife went for their interviews 2 years back and though she was approved, my friend's case was delayed since they could not make a decision at the time. She was scheduled for a same day oath ceremony while he had to wait another 2 weeks before they could process additional documents they had requested of him and scheduled his oath ceremony almost a month after his wife's. So I would think when you apply as husband and wife, they do try to process your cases together unless some exceptional circumstances alter that process.