Registered Users (C)
I just had my citizenship interview and thought I would share my experience:

Application mailed in June
Priority date 6/23/04
Fingerprinting notice date 7/22/04
Finterprinting on 8/6/04
Interview notice on 12/14/04
Interview on 2/2/05

It appears name check and fingerprinting were processed without a problem.

The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. The interviewer asked me to confirm some of the answers in the N-400 from (name, birthday, employer, trips outside of US, etc.). He then printed out about 10 history questions and I had to give the answers. I had to read one question and then he asked me to write a simple sentense. After that, he asked me to sign a couple of forms, the photos and handed me form N-652 (Naturalization Interview Results).

The next thing will be the oath ceremony. Does anyone know how long it takes in San Francisco to have the oath ceremony scheduled? Thanks.

Overall, the process was fairly quick and smooth.

Hi, Congratulations on your result. I had my interview @ SFO DO yesterday also. The officer who interviewed me told me that I should recieve the oat letter in about 4 to 6 weeks.

Congratulations to both of you!

Lahanos: Could you also please tell us the date of your filing?

Didn't you guys ask if you could take the oat there at the interview? I have heard that in SFO they do the oat ceremony on the same day. Any idea?

My dates are almost exactly like sophie101a's, may be 1 or 2 days off, as far as I remember.

I didn't ask to take the oat after the interview (didn't know if you could do that). Will be having your interview at SFO, too?

There is only very few places where they will do same-day oath ceremonies. As far as I know, SF is not one of them.

Just got my oath appointment letter today 2/9/05. I am scheduled for the oath ceremony on 2/22/05.

So from inital application (June 2004) to actual oath (keep your fingers crossed) it took me 8 months.

Good luck to everyone in the process. :)

Congratualations sophie101a and lahanos.
Here is a quote from http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfran/aboutus.htm
Wish your oath doing well and keep us posted.

Naturalization Oath Ceremonies:
If your application for naturalization is approved, you will be scheduled to take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States. A “Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony” (Form N-445) notifying you of the time and date of your oath ceremony will be mailed to you approximately two weeks in advance of the ceremony.

Oath ceremonies are held twice a month at the Nob Hill Masonic Center, 1st floor Masonic Auditorium, at 1111 California Street (at Taylor and California).

IMPORTANT: The San Francisco District Office can no longer provide Name Changes as part of the Naturalization Process. This change is necessary because the District now conducts “Administrative” rather than “Judicial” Oath Ceremonies. Name changes can be obtained by filing a petition with your local Superior Court.

Limited parking is available at the center for $12.00 and you are encouraged to use public transportation.
BART
MUNI
San Francisco Bay Area Transit Information

If you have misplaced your appointment notice for the oath ceremony, you should report to the “Resolution” table before the ceremony.