1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Citizenship interview in San Francisco SF

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by sophie101a, Feb 3, 2005.

1. sophie101a

sophie101a Registered Users (C)

I just had my citizenship interview and thought I would share my experience:

Application mailed in June
    Priority date 6/23/04
    Fingerprinting notice date 7/22/04
    Finterprinting on 8/6/04
    Interview notice on 12/14/04
    Interview on 2/2/05

It appears name check and fingerprinting were processed without a problem.

The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. The interviewer asked me to confirm some of the answers in the N-400 from (name, birthday, employer, trips outside of US, etc.). He then printed out about 10 history questions and I had to give the answers. I had to read one question and then he asked me to write a simple sentense. After that, he asked me to sign a couple of forms, the photos and handed me form N-652 (Naturalization Interview Results).

The next thing will be the oath ceremony. Does anyone know how long it takes in San Francisco to have the oath ceremony scheduled? Thanks.

Overall, the process was fairly quick and smooth.
  2. lahanos

lahanos Registered Users (C)

Hi, Congratulations on your result. I had my interview @ SFO DO yesterday also. The officer who interviewed me told me that I should recieve the oat letter in about 4 to 6 weeks.
  3. Naaz2004

Naaz2004 Registered Users (C)

Congratulations to both of you!

Lahanos: Could you also please tell us the date of your filing?

Didn't you guys ask if you could take the oat there at the interview? I have heard that in SFO they do the oat ceremony on the same day. Any idea?
  4. lahanos

My dates are almost exactly like sophie101a's, may be 1 or 2 days off, as far as I remember.

I didn't ask to take the oat after the interview (didn't know if you could do that). Will be having your interview at SFO, too?
  5. sophie101a

There is only very few places where they will do same-day oath ceremonies. As far as I know, SF is not one of them.
  6. sophie101a

Just got my oath appointment letter today 2/9/05. I am scheduled for the oath ceremony on 2/22/05.

So from inital application (June 2004) to actual oath (keep your fingers crossed) it took me 8 months.

Good luck to everyone in the process. :)
  7. lahanos

Yep, I will there, too. :)
  8. sophie101a

9. lahanos

Yes, Mine is also at 9AM.
  10. rjad

rjad Registered Users (C)

Congratualations sophie101a and lahanos.
    Here is a quote from http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfran/aboutus.htm
    Wish your oath doing well and keep us posted.

11. Lolitochka

Lolitochka Registered Users (C)

Any other naturalization experience in San Francisco, guys?
    please post here, thanks!!!
  12. cafeconleche

cafeconleche Registered Users (C)

This thread is dead. There is an SF N400 thread that is current, and experiences are posted there.