Citizenship eligibility question

hyloran

Registered Users (C)
Here's the situation: I'm a Canadian Citizen; my wife is an Indian citizen (landed in TO in July 2004). I study outside of Canada, but she stays in TO going to university full-time. She has a full-time job, car, transcripts, credit cards, bank statements, lease, etc. Is my absence from Canada going to be a problem when we apply for citizenship? My parents and brother live in the US; so she is basically the only one living in Toronto (other than a distant relative by marriage). The funny thing is we have enough circumstantial and paper documents to prove that she really is staying in Canada but no family ties to anybody in Canada. I do however consider Canada my home now that she lives there and whenever I'm on break from school, that's where I go. So any thoughts... are we going to have a problem?

Thanks for your help.

Hyloran

p.s.: Is time spent outside of Canada but with your husband while he was in school still counted within the 1095 days? What about time spent visiting your parents in your old country?

hyloran said:
Here's the situation: I'm a Canadian Citizen; my wife is an Indian citizen (landed in TO in July 2004). I study outside of Canada, but she stays in TO going to university full-time. She has a full-time job, car, transcripts, credit cards, bank statements, lease, etc. Is my absence from Canada going to be a problem when we apply for citizenship? My parents and brother live in the US; so she is basically the only one living in Toronto (other than a distant relative by marriage). The funny thing is we have enough circumstantial and paper documents to prove that she really is staying in Canada but no family ties to anybody in Canada. I do however consider Canada my home now that she lives there and whenever I'm on break from school, that's where I go. So any thoughts... are we going to have a problem?

Thanks for your help.

Hyloran

p.s.: Is time spent outside of Canada but with your husband while he was in school still counted within the 1095 days? What about time spent visiting your parents in your old country?

1. No, As long as she can demonstrate that she is resident in Canada.
2. No
3. No.

PMM