Citizenship Denied: Please help me !!!

thankful said:
This is INCORRECT.

The 5 year provision is just one method of reversing a grant of lpr status. In the first five years the USCIS has the power to revoke status by itself without getting the immigration court involved. However they can always placed you into deportation proceedings before an immigration judge for fraud on the application. There is no time limit to this.

I disagree.

Care to cite a few sources and elaborate?

I know some people who got married and got a green card that way. Them getting a conditional green card is basically similar to our waiting process between being approved of an asylum status and being approved of a GC. It just allows them to be able to work and live here as if they have the benefits of a green card BUT it still is NOT a green card. I mean after the interview, they do not hand out green cards for the marriage-based petitions; there is still the bureacracy and the whole processs for the petition to thoroughly go through, so that "conditional GC" may have "GC" in its name but it is far from it. When talking about marriage-based GC's, the "GC" in question is the unconditional one. The "conditional" one is just temporary until the process goes through and you get the real GC. So to say "a person who married and got a GC can not divorce orelse will not get citizenship" is false statement. And if you say "but I meant with the conditional GC you can not divorce", well, in that case of course it is kind of obvious that you can not divorce that peson yet, because you have not gotten the REAL GC yet, let alone be eligible to apply for citizenhip. But once you get the green card, you can divorce that person just fine. It is just that if you stay married, you wait less to apply for a citizenship than if you were divorced right after getting the GC, which is why some people stay married until after obtaining the citizienship, but otherwise you CAN divorce your spouse right after getting the GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
shamshon said:
Are you from a Middle Eastern or a Muslim background? I bet this red faced red neck had already stereotyped you as an enemy combatant. Sick people! I hope they do not take further actions and accuse you of fraud. I believe wantmygcnow wrote about a similar situation where someone with the same circusmtances was not only denied citizenship but was also accused of fraud. I am sorry if my comments do not help but you better hire a good lawyer to help you deal with these racist bastards.

It doesn't have anything to do with racism, Middle Eastern or muslim backgroud etc.

Asking for political asylum and after the Green Card having the NP renewed and traveling twice a year back to the country where s/he was "persecuted" it's kind of fishy...

Suzy, from your sig I noticed that it took almost three years for you to get your citizenship approved. I did not know that it would take that long. Was there a certain circumstance in your situation that caused delay?

hadron said:
I think the proper british expression describing this sentence is 'bollocks'.

Of course you can divorce after you obtain your unconditional GC. Just like changing jobs after obtaining GC it is a good idea to wait a couple of months, but I don't know where you go this nonsense from.

1 thing is really bad with marriage based greencard ;) Citizen nails conditional greencard holder all that time before they get divorced .I think it is horrible way to obtain Greencard or Citizinship:)

1 thing is really bad with marriage based greencard Citizen nails conditional greencard holder all that time before they get divorced .I think it is horrible way to obtain Greencard or Citizinship

?

Why denied N-400 and eligible agaion 10 months?

Hello everyone. My name is Eshaan and I was an asylee and got my GC in late 2000. I applied for U.S Citizenship and was interviewed, they even took my money from me. I gave my tax forms and everything as asked but today I got a letter saying that it has been denied, reason with capital marks "LOYALITY"

What do they mean? CAn anyone help me? Once I got my GC, I visited my home country twice a year every year so 8 times so far for 2 weeks. I making sure that I didn't stay for more than 2 weeks..also no house back home or anything, I stayed with my uncle.

I have renewed my passport twice and the officer asked me again and again why I renewd it when I was an asylee. But i answer him again and again and again that I am not an asylee , I got gc, how is it asylee.

He was very red faced when he said that I cann not go back to home with my card but where is it writen in law that I can't be going home? He also asked me why I renewed my home passport but my lawyer telilng me after getting my GC that it i sok.

What shall I be doing now? I want to be citizen so I can travel freely and apply for my parents back inmy country.

I am happy i finding this website. Please help me if anyone seeing same situation. I talked to laywer but he asks 5000 dollars which is a lot fo rme. I don't have much money. Please help any good people of this immigratng forum. Thank you. may god bles all.

hi eshan
Why they decided 10 months? where 10 is coming from?Is this have anything to do with your last trip's timing to COA? when was your last time you went back to COA before interview?
Thanks

hi eshan
Why they decided 10 monthe? where 1o is coming from?Is this have anything to do with your last trip's timing to COA? when was your last time you went back to COA before interview?
Thanks

Pete, who are you and why you are opening up old threads left and right? We can all see that Eshan here has never posted again so maybe he wasn't genuine.

My question is why are you opening up old old threads? If you have a question please just ask, dont open up old threads. Thank you.