Citizenship Denied: Please help me !!!

Asylee13 said:
eshaan, i feel sorry for situation but at the same time i have no sympathy for people like you.
You think asylum is a joke. Let me tell you what he meant by "holiday maker" .. one who requests protection and then goes every year to his home country for holidaying.
You are lucky he didn't deport you immediately. I am with the officer. It's people like you who bring bad name to asylees. I am sorry to say you deserve no sympathy. One one hand there are people like me who are dying to visit home once after getting GC just because i think it is "morally" wrong to renew the NP or go back to home country and on the other hand there are people like you who go every year. Shame on you. I think you should be deported immediately.

Eshaan, I would ask you to talk to a good lawyer. Usually a lawyer can get more information about the denial than the applicant.

I also tell you this that "you can apply in 10 months" is a generic message, it doesn't mean you can apply in 10 months. YOu just have to wait and see what USCIS does, Do they forward your case to fraud division or what? So i would say cross your fingers for 10 months and hopefully you can apply.

In the meantime, i recommend you do this

1)Don't go back to your home country until you become a citizen
2)Forfeit your Home Country's citizenship after talking to a lawyer. You are stateless and you can remain stateless.
3)Start gathering info about why you went back and provide valid reasons. You can't say "i went for a vacation." A wedding or a sickness are valid excuses.

And lastly, don't worry about the people on this forum. I think 9 out of 10 people, including me, during our interviews said in our head that "Oh god I hope I get approved, I swear i will never see my home country ever again"

And mostly all lawyers claim that it is ok to go back onc eyou have a GC. Eshaan went back when he was a PR and not an ASYLEE. Thats a huge difference. I think the officer made a mistake, maybe he misunderstood you when you said that you went back as a PR and not asylee...

Again a lawyer can find more information from the officer and maybe this was just a misunderstanding due to language problem.

Asylee13, and others let cut this guy a little break...and not accuse him of fraud when we dont' know his case or anything about it.

wantmygcnow said:
Eshaan, I would ask you to talk to a good lawyer. Usually a lawyer can get more information about the denial than the applicant.

I also tell you this that "you can apply in 10 months" is a generic message, it doesn't mean you can apply in 10 months. YOu just have to wait and see what USCIS does, Do they forward your case to fraud division or what? So i would say cross your fingers for 10 months and hopefully you can apply.

In the meantime, i recommend you do this

1)Don't go back to your home country until you become a citizen
2)Forfeit your Home Country's citizenship after talking to a lawyer. You are stateless and you can remain stateless.
3)Start gathering info about why you went back and provide valid reasons. You can't say "i went for a vacation." A wedding or a sickness are valid excuses.

And lastly, don't worry about the people on this forum. I think 9 out of 10 people, including me, during our interviews said in our head that "Oh god I hope I get approved, I swear i will never see my home country ever again"

And mostly all lawyers claim that it is ok to go back onc eyou have a GC. Eshaan went back when he was a PR and not an ASYLEE. Thats a huge difference. I think the officer made a mistake, maybe he misunderstood you when you said that you went back as a PR and not asylee...

Again a lawyer can find more information from the officer and maybe this was just a misunderstanding due to language problem.

Asylee13, and others let cut this guy a little break...and not accuse him of fraud when we dont' know his case or anything about it.

Well said, WantmyGCnow, all of us should be relaxed a little, because the deny letter itself is so generic and Eshann needs to find out the exact reason.

Even for for the sensitive issues such as visit to CoP, Eshann has some legal ground to argue because of the change in his country. If CIS moves to cancel your GC, another example by one Forumee that the "root" you have here now can be your point for court proceedings. Just be prepared for long journey ahead now.

Questions for Eshann:

1. In the end of that interview, what did the IO say to you ? Did s/he imply anything or fact in your application is inadmissible ?

2. Did s/he just know your NP renewal and/or travel to CoP at your interview when you showed up your NP ( For AS based GC, this is not required )?
Did CIS ever send you a RFE to request you to mail them your original NP ?

3. In addition to going back and renewed NP, did you have any other issues like selective service, tax, federal employment application, pending charges, etc ? They are much more careful now after 911 and it appears they know everything.

4. You definitely need a help from a good immigration attorney, although it may be hard to find. But the good thing is you have at least "10 month" to find ( But I am sure CIS will send you a letter before 10 month, otherwise, just go ahead to apply again after 10 month but be ready to give valid reason for your previous denial )

Question for WantmyGCnow:

1. Is there any real example that a person with USC/GC/AS track was deported in the past ? Please give the link in either this forum or legal documents.

2. If we get USC, are we really worry-free to visit CoP ? Some members even question about that.

Thanks.

Hmmm....

Can't believe they are really serious about that. But, based on my experience in Canada, even if you become PR, you get nailed pretty badly, if they know (and they will) that you travelled through third country and used two travel documents including your NP.

Gone the time that "U.S. doesn't have departure police." They asked airlines swiped your NP every time you are boarding.

You need good attorney. I hope it is just because IO has personal sterotype against nationals of your country. A good attorney, who knows those IO persnally, can tell you if he/she has bias. If so, you will be "sick", and go there for another day, probably with another IO.

GrassRoot said:
Question for WantmyGCnow:

1. Is there any real example that a person with USC/GC/AS track was deported in the past ? Please give the link in either this forum or legal documents.

2. If we get USC, are we really worry-free to visit CoP ? Some members even question about that.

Thanks.

Grassroot, I haven't heard anyone being stripped of Citizenship unless you claim to be a Nazi or helped them during the nazi government occupation.

As to GC and others being deported..that happens everyday I think. Some for being criminals, some for annuled marriages..some for fraud.. I am sure there lots.

I personally know one person whoose GC was taken away when he applied for citizenship. He did visit his home country once or twice but it was not because of that, It was more of a fraud case and USCIS went all the way through. He did win his case again and was asked to apply for Citizenship again..

2. I think if you are U.S Citizne, you should have no problems going to COP

eshaan27 said:
Hello everyone. My name is Eshaan and I was an asylee and got my GC in late 2000. I applied for U.S Citizenship and was interviewed, they even took my money from me. I gave my tax forms and everything as asked but today I got a letter saying that it has been denied, reason with capital marks "LOYALITY"

You travelled back to your home country after seeking asylum? Unless conditions drasticaly improved in your country, any travel would mean a fraud on your part.

Last edited by a moderator:
GreenCardVirus said:
You travelled back to your home country after seeking asylum? Unless conditions drasticaly improved in your country, any travel would mean a fraud on your part.

Exactly. This is simple logics that even a kid understands.

I'm just thinking aloud and wondering how come no one asked some very important questions?? Lets consider that things in his COP changed and he made trips twice a year for whatever reason. How come first of all he could afford 2 weeks vacation from work every year...!! lets say OK he gets 2 weeks vacation every year that he uses visiting COP. Can he afford those trips?? Obviously he travels by Air, and then the expenses back home..! How much he spends on these visits??? But come to think of it..he cannot afford $5000 for a lawyer to file a case on which his life depends on...!! Please someone tell me....does it make any sense????

free100 said:
I'm just thinking aloud and wondering how come no one asked some very important questions?? Lets consider that things in his COP changed and he made trips twice a year for whatever reason. How come first of all he could afford 2 weeks vacation from work every year...!! lets say OK he gets 2 weeks vacation every year that he uses visiting COP. Can he afford those trips?? Obviously he travels by Air, and then the expenses back home..! How much he spends on these visits??? But come to think of it..he cannot afford $5000 for a lawyer to file a case on which his life depends on...!! Please someone tell me....does it make any sense????

That is not your bussiness :mad:

free100 said:

Well in all honesty, when you spend money on pleasure its more fun than giving money to blood sucking lawyers. My lawyer took an extra thousand bucks to file my I-602, however another forum member who I sent the exact affadavit didn't pay zilch and got approved...before me mind you..

wantmygcnow said:
Well in all honesty, when you spend money on pleasure its more fun than giving money to blood sucking lawyers. My lawyer took an extra thousand bucks to file my I-602, however another forum member who I sent the exact affadavit didn't pay zilch and got approved...before me mind you..

wantmygcnow,

Don't feel bad. I probably did one of the first few I-602 in this forum (Aug 2003). The lawyer charged me $1500 and lots of aggravation. He took 80 out of the allocated 90 days to "PREPARE" the response. I looked at what he wrote and it was not very impressive...but it is water under the bridge now.......

Regards,

RAsylee said:
wantmygcnow,

Don't feel bad. I probably did one of the first few I-602 in this forum (Aug 2003). The lawyer charged me $1500 and lots of aggravation. He took 80 out of the allocated 90 days to "PREPARE" the response. I looked at what he wrote and it was not very impressive...but it is water under the bridge now.......

Regards,

Yah exactly. But my point was one member emailed me asking which lawyer to hire, I told him use the affadavit(as posted in the sticky's) and not spend money on lawyers..

Usually 70% of immigration matters can be done by yourself....I know that during my interview, my lawyer just said "As you can see after the interview, my client needs the protection of asylum"...

The other pain and agony was handled by me..answering questions..blah blah blah!

Cl_Asylee said:
That is not your bussiness :mad:

Hey..whoa...hold it....!! it was just a thought..I dont see what you're so uptight about??? On one hand he says he cannot afford the lawyers fee because he doesnt have much money..on the other he makes frequent international trips...Thats my opinion..NOT my business! And this forum is open for opinions, is it not???? I just dont think he is telling the truth about his Citizenship interview..!! There I've said it....!

free100 said:
Hey..whoa...hold it....!! it was just a thought..I dont see what you're so uptight about??? On one hand he says he cannot afford the lawyers fee because he doesnt have much money..on the other he makes frequent international trips...Thats my opinion..NOT my business! And this forum is open for opinions, is it not???? I just dont think he is telling the truth about his Citizenship interview..!! There I've said it....!

Yes, this forum is open for opinions especially those that help people in need.

wantmygcnow said:
Yah exactly. But my point was one member emailed me asking which lawyer to hire, I told him use the affadavit(as posted in the sticky's) and not spend money on lawyers..

Usually 70% of immigration matters can be done by yourself....I know that during my interview, my lawyer just said "As you can see after the interview, my client needs the protection of asylum"...

The other pain and agony was handled by me..answering questions..blah blah blah!

You are absolutely right WantGC..During my asylum interview, my lawyer was strictly instructed to remain seated quietly..and if he would utter even one word he will be sent out of the room...!! I regretted paying him so much money..!! My 2 and a half hour interview was handled by me alone..! :(

free100 said:

good questions. I guess it depends on which country. Going to a Caribbean or south american country is a heck lot cheaper than going to China or Burma.

Also some people have the disinclination to pay lawyers.

free100 said:

I dont want to fight, but you should not think aloud.

Life is too complicated for us to take anything on face value. Maybe some one else was paying for the trips. May be the spouse is working in an international airline. You may be right, but frankly, it is upto the person.

I used to know this co-worker, she was always complaining how low her pay was, how much she spends for commute etc etc, but she always used to eat out spending what I percieve as lot of money. Franlky, that is her perception and her business.

I've know people who did not go to their home country even in culturally most exigent circumstances like death of parent, sibling etc because of their immigration problems. Also, I've known a person who left everything because he was not having fun here.

GreenCardVirus said:
I dont want to fight, but you should not think aloud.

Life is too complicated for us to take anything on face value. Maybe some one else was paying for the trips. May be the spouse is working in an international airline. You may be right, but frankly, it is upto the person.

I used to know this co-worker, she was always complaining how low her pay was, how much she spends for commute etc etc, but she always used to eat out spending what I percieve as lot of money. Franlky, that is her perception and her business.

I've know people who did not go to their home country even in culturally most exigent circumstances like death of parent, sibling etc because of their immigration problems. Also, I've known a person who left everything because he was not having fun here.

I guess you are right..But I bet his post has frightened many people who are ready to apply for citizenship...No I am not one of them... :)

I want to tell everyone that the reason I dont want to pay a lawyer is because the lawyer told me that it is ok to go back home since situations changed.

I ask all of you this, If there is no where written in the law that asylees who are green card holders can't go back to home please show me. Before I go to my home country, I asked the lawyer 1000 times and he said Eshaan it is ok it is ok you worry too much. I am not a fake asylum story people but when I go back home, I stayed at my uncles house and not my parents house because my parents being scared that they may get in trouble bcause of me.

I work 80 hours per week just to see my family every year. So anyone with an old mother and father say that you forget them? You don't make an attempt to see them? When Your mother cry on the phone that she has not seen you for 5 years and she wants to see you before anything bad happen..You are saying I should say Momma I dont care?

I think all asylum stories are fake if thats the case. I think anyone with family especially a mother and father should understand this.

I did not fight with the officer. You think I am stupid that I will fight with an officer with a uniform? He asked me why I renewed my passport, I told him nicely that because I wanted to travel. He said why I went back to my home country for holiday? I said I went there because of family needing me. My mother father sick as I wrote in my asylum application.

I did not register in secret service because I was over the age of 29 when i am in u.S so i was not required to. I submit all tax forms from beggining of work till now.

I have hired a lawyer for 3500 but guarantee me nothing. He said he will talk to the immigration but he thinks that I was not able to go back home. He also say that he will put the other lawyer's information in his appeal that i was misinformed. I have nothing written and i called my old lawyer 10 times today so that my life is not ruined but he did not want to speak to me.

I also have all the records from my home country from the hospital about my sick family members. So I did not go to holiday make, I went there because in life no one knows when you will see a loved one....

I may tell you once eveyrthing is filed and will see what happens.

As mr want my gc said, I asked my lawyer about his notes and the lawyer said that it is good idea to call my embassy and tell them that I dont want to be their citizen. I think I have to sign some letter and send with my passport to my home country. My lawyer also thinks that my home embassy may be informing the USCIs about my passport renewal because they did ask my green card copy and my A number.

eshaan27,
Out of my own curiousity. what else did they write on the letter as Reasons for Denial: Loyalty, and that's it?
I'd think they need to attached lots of papers with all kinds of reasoning.
My friend who was denied for her asylum plea got the denial letter, and attached to it was like 12 pages of reasons why she was denied.

eshaan27 said:
I want to tell everyone that the reason I dont want to pay a lawyer is because the lawyer told me that it is ok to go back home since situations changed.

I ask all of you this, If there is no where written in the law that asylees who are green card holders can't go back to home please show me. Before I go to my home country, I asked the lawyer 1000 times and he said Eshaan it is ok it is ok you worry too much. I am not a fake asylum story people but when I go back home, I stayed at my uncles house and not my parents house because my parents being scared that they may get in trouble bcause of me.

I work 80 hours per week just to see my family every year. So anyone with an old mother and father say that you forget them? You don't make an attempt to see them? When Your mother cry on the phone that she has not seen you for 5 years and she wants to see you before anything bad happen..You are saying I should say Momma I dont care?

I think all asylum stories are fake if thats the case. I think anyone with family especially a mother and father should understand this.

I did not fight with the officer. You think I am stupid that I will fight with an officer with a uniform? He asked me why I renewed my passport, I told him nicely that because I wanted to travel. He said why I went back to my home country for holiday? I said I went there because of family needing me. My mother father sick as I wrote in my asylum application.

I did not register in secret service because I was over the age of 29 when i am in u.S so i was not required to. I submit all tax forms from beggining of work till now.

I have hired a lawyer for 3500 but guarantee me nothing. He said he will talk to the immigration but he thinks that I was not able to go back home. He also say that he will put the other lawyer's information in his appeal that i was misinformed. I have nothing written and i called my old lawyer 10 times today so that my life is not ruined but he did not want to speak to me.

I also have all the records from my home country from the hospital about my sick family members. So I did not go to holiday make, I went there because in life no one knows when you will see a loved one....

I may tell you once eveyrthing is filed and will see what happens.

As mr want my gc said, I asked my lawyer about his notes and the lawyer said that it is good idea to call my embassy and tell them that I dont want to be their citizen. I think I have to sign some letter and send with my passport to my home country. My lawyer also thinks that my home embassy may be informing the USCIs about my passport renewal because they did ask my green card copy and my A number.
Just try to get another lawyer otherwise forget about citizinship.however u got your GC (they didnt revoke it) eventhough u go to court u might put yourself in big trouble . cause IO got enough evidence against u "visit CofP" and renewal of NP.they can accuse u on fraude .So i advise u not to complicate your situation.just consult with a few immigration lawyers and and make a final decision Your case is compicated nobody in this forum can give u right answer.U need a good lawyer who knows a lot about asylum and politcal situation in your country.($$$$)I guess there is a chance to win that case if political situation changed in your country.Have u ever been injailed here in US for any serious crime?which country u are from?