Citizenship Denied: Please help me !!!

eshaan27

Hello everyone. My name is Eshaan and I was an asylee and got my GC in late 2000. I applied for U.S Citizenship and was interviewed, they even took my money from me. I gave my tax forms and everything as asked but today I got a letter saying that it has been denied, reason with capital marks "LOYALITY"

What do they mean? CAn anyone help me? Once I got my GC, I visited my home country twice a year every year so 8 times so far for 2 weeks. I making sure that I didn't stay for more than 2 weeks..also no house back home or anything, I stayed with my uncle.

I have renewed my passport twice and the officer asked me again and again why I renewd it when I was an asylee. But i answer him again and again and again that I am not an asylee , I got gc, how is it asylee.

He was very red faced when he said that I cann not go back to home with my card but where is it writen in law that I can't be going home? He also asked me why I renewed my home passport but my lawyer telilng me after getting my GC that it i sok.

What shall I be doing now? I want to be citizen so I can travel freely and apply for my parents back inmy country.

I am happy i finding this website. Please help me if anyone seeing same situation. I talked to laywer but he asks 5000 dollars which is a lot fo rme. I don't have much money. Please help any good people of this immigratng forum. Thank you. may god bles all.

eshaan27 said:
Hello everyone. My name is Eshaan and I was an asylee and got my GC in late 2000. I applied for U.S Citizenship and was interviewed, they even took my money from me. I gave my tax forms and everything as asked but today I got a letter saying that it has been denied, reason with capital marks "LOYALITY"

What do they mean? CAn anyone help me? Once I got my GC, I visited my home country twice a year every year so 8 times so far for 2 weeks. I making sure that I didn't stay for more than 2 weeks..also no house back home or anything, I stayed with my uncle.

I have renewed my passport twice and the officer asked me again and again why I renewd it when I was an asylee. But i answer him again and again and again that I am not an asylee , I got gc, how is it asylee.

He was very red faced when he said that I cann not go back to home with my card but where is it writen in law that I can't be going home? He also asked me why I renewed my home passport but my lawyer telilng me after getting my GC that it i sok.

What shall I be doing now? I want to be citizen so I can travel freely and apply for my parents back inmy country.

I am happy i finding this website. Please help me if anyone seeing same situation. I talked to laywer but he asks 5000 dollars which is a lot fo rme. I don't have much money. Please help any good people of this immigratng forum. Thank you. may god bles all.
Are you from a Middle Eastern or a Muslim background? I bet this red faced red neck had already stereotyped you as an enemy combatant. Sick people! I hope they do not take further actions and accuse you of fraud. I believe wantmygcnow wrote about a similar situation where someone with the same circusmtances was not only denied citizenship but was also accused of fraud. I am sorry if my comments do not help but you better hire a good lawyer to help you deal with these racist bastards.

eshaan27 said:

5000 is nothing look for another lawyer who might charge u less.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I have renewed my passport twice and the officer asked me again and again why I renewd it when I was an asylee. But i answer him again and again and again that I am not an asylee , I got gc, how is it asylee."
ESHAAN, I feel bad for you,
But I see logic in officer's repeated questions - You got your green card BASED ON ASYLUM, so the rules of NOT renewing your home passport and NOT travel to the country from what you had claimed fear STILL APPLY even after becoming the holder of permanent GC.
Get the experienced lawer and sometimes $ is the only way to get things done on happyending way.
VERY GOODLUCK TO YOU

If you were and/ are an Asylee it’s clear you shouldn’t be going back to your home country, even after getting your GC, you were approved asylum for fear of returning to your home country, but you admitted “I visited my home country twice a year every year so 8 times so far for 2 weeks” you were defeating the very principle an Asylum law. I am assuming you were denied for that, I don’t know the money issue. I think, you need a well-connected and experience lawyer, to prevent them from taking further action which I think most unlikely and/or reopen your case. Don’t panic you will overcome it, just be rational in coming up with a compelling reasons why you made all those travels. I wish all the best.

bs

bs. so you created the account for this forum in january huh? i just hope people here are with iq>90 and will not believe your bs.

hello good people, I will answer your questions.I am in Seattle and I am not from any middle east country. I talked to the lawyer who told me that it is ok to travel and now he says that He never say that. Please do not trust any lawyer, they are all LIARS! and cheats! I told the officer that I renewed because I travel home to visit my sick parents but he said that If I was sure I was not a holiday-maker. I dont even know what is a holiday maker.

The lawyer i talk to he says that he will charge me 5000 dollars but he will file after 10 months since that what it says in the letter. The letter also saying that I can't appeal this decision but apply in 10 months. The lawyer I talked to say that It is big fault if someone winning asylum renews his passport but then i asking him why does the welcome letter say that all green carders are treated the same? But he say that it is writen like that but it don't mean like that. How is it possible that a law is written something and meant something else?

I asking the lawer where in law it says that I can not go back home but he say that I say during my asylum interview that I was scared to go home so wwhy I go home. But I tell him that in 5 years situations change, look at other countries like bosnia and iraq. I planning to go back home again in march for a wedding but dont know if I will be allowed to come back.

I am very worried and I dont know what to do. Will they send me back but I make my life here. At the point of my asylum in 1996, my country was different with different people and government but when I go back, it was different...

All I can do is wait for 10 months and reapply again and pay the fee and do all the stupid process againb.

eshaan27 said:

In my understanding if citizenship is denied because of going back to C.O.P that means there is a fraud on your asylum.In this situation,your asylum status and your Green Card based on asylum should be automaticaly revoked.
Your citizenship may be denied for another reason since they ask you to apply again in 10 months.You need to find out.If you confirm that your citizenship was denied cause you went back to C.O.P then make sure you're no longer legal in this country.You will loose your asylum status and your Green Card.There is nothing a lawyer can do in this case since they said you can't appeal.BUT THE THING MAKING CONFUSION IN YOUR STATEMENT IS THEY DENIED YOUR CITIZENSHIP BECAUSE YOU RENEWED YOUR NP AND WENT BACK TO C.O.P.THAT MEANS THERE IS A FRAUD ON YOUR APPLICATION AND I DON'T SEE WHY THEY'RE GONNA ALLOW YOU TO APPLY AGAIN AFTER 10 MONTHS !
Good luck anyway.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

I think that you are fine so far, the letter said you can apply in 10 months, so you are still at PR status, But you should prepare well for next interview, give officers detailed and strong reasons why you returned your home country eight times instead of arguing with him. good luck

I guess the Million Dollars question is: What if the situation in your home country changes after getting a GC? Will the INS revoke your asylum and deport you since now you do not fear for your life (suuposdly)? Or you should just not visit under any circumistances?

For those who have been around in this country for sometime, I remeber a case back in the late 80's about a person I think form South America who was being deported because the situation in his country had changed, but his lawyer argued that his client has lived in this country long enough that he would not be able to function if he is to return. He won his case!

eshaan, i feel sorry for situation but at the same time i have no sympathy for people like you.
You think asylum is a joke. Let me tell you what he meant by "holiday maker" .. one who requests protection and then goes every year to his home country for holidaying.
You are lucky he didn't deport you immediately. I am with the officer. It's people like you who bring bad name to asylees. I am sorry to say you deserve no sympathy. One one hand there are people like me who are dying to visit home once after getting GC just because i think it is "morally" wrong to renew the NP or go back to home country and on the other hand there are people like you who go every year. Shame on you. I think you should be deported immediately.

It allways puzzles me how many people who one day had a 'believable fear of persecution' are able to return to their country of persecution the day they either obtain their GC or citizenship (without suffering any untoward effects).

Renewing your passport (and thereby your continued affirmation of citizenship of this country) is probably the main reason he turned you down. Becoming a citizen requires you to swear of any 'allegiance to a foreign prince'. Actively taking steps to maintain the citizenship of your country of persecution is a bit of a red flag in that regard.

I think your lawyer sucks. Look for a different lawyer to prepare a new citizenship filing a year or so down the road. Do NOT travel back home, do NOT renew your passport.

here we can see an issue of loyality..
any immigration officer may question the loyality of an individual who has two citizenships...In my opinion the officer look in your case as an applicant who willing to maintain his country citizenship .
I don't think so far ..you been accused of immigration fraud.
do not travel abrod for now..wait 10 months and re-apply again...all you need is good lawyer able to present your case correctly.. since you withness a change in your country conditions
never loss hope...you gonna make it
:rolleyes:

Citizenship Denied: Please help me !!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you indicate that you are planning to fly back home on march for a wedding? Looks like you did not learn anything for the interview.
So, why did you choose to argue with the officer instead of explaining the reason you visited your country every 6months?
Sounds like you were being defensive and arogant

I think the main reason he denied you is how you argued with him.these people have power to help you even for the fact that you renewed you NP and you went back home.what is done is done.find a good lawyer and do not argue with some body like IO.good luck.

africa said:
I think the main reason he denied you is how you argued with him.these people have power to help you even for the fact that you renewed you NP and you went back home.what is done is done.find a good lawyer and do not argue with some body like IO.good luck.

I agree
NEVER argue with any IO, whether you enter the country or during interview.
There are many asylees apply for citizenship every year; i am sure that some of them go back home and they still got the citizenship. its not just because of luck

find a good lawyer, this is why lawyers are so valuable....because when you have done something wrong, they always find some solutions to get you out of hot water

Asylee13 said:
eshaan, i feel sorry for situation but at the same time i have no sympathy for people like you.
You think asylum is a joke. Let me tell you what he meant by "holiday maker" .. one who requests protection and then goes every year to his home country for holidaying.
You are lucky he didn't deport you immediately. I am with the officer. It's people like you who bring bad name to asylees. I am sorry to say you deserve no sympathy. One one hand there are people like me who are dying to visit home once after getting GC just because i think it is "morally" wrong to renew the NP or go back to home country and on the other hand there are people like you who go every year. Shame on you. I think you should be deported immediately.

Asylee 13. Make sure you never go back to your native country as long as you live, even after you become USC. If they do that they will strip you off your citizenship and deport you. He has been denied for "LOYALTY" and allowed to file again in 10 months. Just because officer could not do anything about him going back home twice a year he just slapped this on him. FYI, Officer cannot deport an asylee GC holder for visiting home country. I am sure if he would have visited home once or twice in the whole time then he would have been fine. I know numerous asylees have visited home countries during GC, renewed and always travelled in national passports. Durng interview they took their native passport and no one asked them anything about asylum.