Citizenship denied in NJ now what

Euler Leon2

My father's N400 was denied because immigration approved his greencard when he was already divorced(citizen spouse). So they said that he was not eligible for greencard when he got his at the time...
We thought they were going to deport him and we were truly devastated, but
We took the denial letter to an attorney, and lucky enough, we were told that since he is a NJ resident, and more than 5 years of green card holder, under garcia law they can not take away his green card.

(Denial letter was mailed back in early July, and for 5 months they have not filed any letter or motion to attack my dad yet...)

Since it was a free consultation, we did not go into much more details and I did not want to be rude and kept doubting the two attorney who were giving us the advice.
and I would like to ask below

1) Is Garcia law real!? (as long as my dad resides in NJ, which he plans to) (sounds too good to be true..)

2) Does Garcia law mean that they can not take away his green card, so he is technically an LPR?

3) his card expires in a year, what will happen when he files the renewal? according to the attorney's logic im assuming USCIS will not make troubles as long as he files from NJ?

4) what would happen if he moves within NJ? and he files for change of address, will it give unneeded attention or scrutiny?

Thank you in advanced everyone..
happy holidays

Was USCIS informed of the divorce before his green card was approved? If yes, it's too late to deport him now for that (more than 5 years), because they already knew about the divorce when granting his green card, so it was their mistake.

But if they were not informed of the divorce before green card approval, they can still deport him if they want to.