Citizenship complication

Sunny79

I met my USC eligibility time in april 2015 on the 3 yrs basis of marriage to a US citizen, we have a 15 months old child together but my wife has failed to perform her motherly duties and prefer leaving the child with her mother (who lives closeby) all the time, and uses her excuses of coming home exhausted from work. I offered her to cut down her hours for the child but she wouldnt listen , yet she refuses to share a penny in the household. Now for this reason we have had a very cold relationship since last year, although we still live together and i pay all the bills and rent. Now shes using her only tactic to dominate me and that is by refusing to provide her part of docs i need to apply for Citizenship. What do i do, how can i apply usc coz i doubt if this relationship is going to get any better. Please advice

1. What "docs" do you need? The only docs I think that only she can get is the proof of her citizenship. If you got permanent residency through her, then I would think that a copy of those would have already been provided when she petitioned you, so if you have a copy from then that is enough.
2. If you got permanent residency through her, then you can convince her that it is advantageous to her for you to become a citizen as soon as possible, because that will terminate her Affidavit of Support obligations. Otherwise, if you continue to be a permanent resident, she will continue to be under those obligations, even if she divorces you.
3. Applying under the 3-year rule might involve more scrutiny of your marriage. If you think that's going to be a problem, then you might have to apply under the 5-year rule.

Thanks for the prompt response. We went through an attorney during primary application. We took all the originals and he made copied at his office. I dont hold any copies of her docs whatsoever. I cant afford the attorney any further. So intend to apply on my own. What do you say upon this

If the lawyer has copies of it from records, I think it shouldn't cost much to ask them to make some copies.

If not, you can get the records from your A file (immigration file) by filing a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with USCIS.

Or, you can just wait 2 more years and apply for naturalization under the 5-year rule.