Citizenship Application, Expiring Green Card and renewing Driver's License

Wrangler

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My Green card will expire in May 2015, so is my Driver's Licence. Once I have applied for my Citizenship (planning to apply before end of Oct 2014), I don't have to apply for renewal Green Card. To renew my Driver's License, DMV would need a valid immigration document.

However I think DMV will renew my Driver's License only for 120 days, based on the I-797 (Notice of Action) that I would receive after filing the Citizenship application. This will extend my Driver's Licencse until Sep 2105.

In case if my Citizenship is not approved before Sep 2015, how do I renew my driver's license? Can I obtain a I-551 (extension) stamp or I HAVE to renew my Green card at that time? If I-551 stamp woruld work, can I get it at the Airport by fixing an appointment with the Airport Officer or have to go to the local immigration office?
Thanks!!

In some states, permanent residents can renew their driver's license online or by mail if they still live at the same address displayed on the license, without having to show their green cards at the DMV or submit a copy of the green card. However, there may be limits and restrictions such as not being allowed to renew two consecutive times by mail/online.