Citizen application Receipt paper lost ( Can't remember Receipt Number) what Can I do ?

jesshe

Registered Users (C)
Citizen application Receipt paper lost ( Can't remember Receipt Number) what Can I do to get my receipt Number?

I feel really bad about losing it, and I don't know what I should do now without receipt paper, i can't even check my status, can Anyone give me any recommendations?

Thank You !

Do you mean I have to make appointment and go info pass to ask my receipt number? is there any phone number I can call to find out?

You can just wait out for your interview letter rather than making a un necessary info pass appointment.

The next thing that arrives is the FP notice. I forgot whether the FP notice has the case number
or not but most likely it does otherwise how can USCIS link FP to a particular case?

Citizen application Receipt paper lost ( Can't remember Receipt Number) what Can I do to get my receipt Number?

I feel really bad about losing it, and I don't know what I should do now without receipt paper, i can't even check my status, can Anyone give me any recommendations?

Thank You !

You mean to say lost application Acknowledgment letter, FP letter and YL. They will have your receipt number. Did you lose all of them??. Best is to just wait for interview letter. Did you sign up for online alert ???. I do not think infopass will be of help. You can try.

Last edited by a moderator:
just call the 1-800 # and get your receipt #.

I think they will ask your alien#/DOB etc to verify your identity.

You mean to say lost application Acknowledgment letter, FP letter and YL. They will have your receipt number. Did you lose all of them??. Best is to just wait for interview letter. Did you sign up for online alert ???. I do not think infopass will be of help. You can try.

The A# can be used to link to any case under that A#. Infopass appointment should be obliged to provide that info.

Unless OP the lost his GC too and does not remmeber his A#

I only have yellow letter left, is the one number start with NBC*+ 9 digital number ( and indicate as file number) ? I did try to track that but status page say need to be 13 character. So I guess yellow letter doesn't have.

I lost Both receipt paper and Finger Print page.

I only have yellow letter left, is the one number start with NBC*+ 9 digital number ( and indicate as file number) ? I did try to track that but status page say need to be 13 character. So I guess yellow letter doesn't have.

Call USCIS or schedule Infopass and ask for your receipt number.

NBC*+ 9 digit number is your receipt number. Please also include "*" while checking the status. It should work

jesshe
The NBC # on the yellow letter is correct, if you call the 800# and use the automative system and enter the #,the system will say that the number is incorrect and that you need 13 digits, what you need to do is call 1800-375-5283 , then press 1 for english,then press 2 to check status of application, then press the # for the option that ask if you lost your receipt #, you will be transfered to represenative, just give them number on the yellow letter NBC*xxxxxxxxx
Or you can use it online at uscis.gov

nbc* plus 9 numerals make it 13 characters. simple dude.

Hi, Just want to say Thank You for everyone who replied my post. I did enter again my receipt number * it works fine now. Thank You so much for everyone's help!