1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Chicago Lockbox NBC processing timeframes

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by jsnearline, Apr 20, 2005.

1. jsnearline

jsnearline Registered Users (C)

Has anyone who filed an I-485 with the Chicago Lockbox gotten a receipt notice that shows a projected processing time on it? My wife's receipt just has the instructions for biometrics/fingerprinting. Her EAD receipt does have a timeframe on it though. Is USCIS now so backlogged on I-485 processing that they're not making any processing projections at all? If I go by the processing dates for the DC office the interview won't be until summer of next year at the earliest. That's a long time to wait for just a conditional green card. They might as well just let the backlog grow to two full years. It would save them the hassle of processing the petition for removal of conditions.
  2. bigclaw

bigclaw Registered Users (C)

My I-485 NOA projects 120-180 days. According to various people, it may or may not be accurate anyway.