Chennai Consulate - What to expect !

H1 and H4 going together for making online appontment - Help needed

Hi,

I and my wife want to go for Visa stamping together (chennai consulate).I have paid the fee seperately for both of us and got two reference numbers (HDFC). How should we book appointment. Can i book for mine first.Will it also ask for my wife's reference number. As far as i know it asked for my reference number first.In user screen it has two seperate values for H1 and spouse in list box. If we book seperately, can we go together at the same time. Will it allow us to get same day and same time.
Somebody who has already gone for stamping along with spouse can definetely help us.

I need to make appointment as early as possible (today ro tomorrow)

Thank you

221g

hi,
i have same problem. i went for visa stamping and after several question they gave me 221g form to bring some papers from my employer. After exactly 1 month i went there again with all those papers they asked for, and also with my original degrees,... there was same vo, and she don't look properly onto my papers and said that "we will call you after further procedure". and gave me back my passport and I797. So can you say what i have to do now? and how much time i have to wait? if anybody has any experience please share it will be helpfull for me.

221g from Chennai

Hello,

Yesterday I was in Chennai Consulate and I was issued a 221g asking me more information about the end clients of my US company and the complete project details. By what time frame I should provide this? The 221g says I can go anytime btw 9.00-12.00 tue -thur.

Also during my stay in chennai I have lost the originals of my previous employment certificate. All I have now is the copies of the same, as I have saved the scanned copies with me.

Now what if I go to the consulate saying that the documents are being lost, even though yesterday they haven't asked me about my prev exp documents, I guess they can be asking me the same in the next interview when I take the client info documents.

Regards
rrjeevs

shankaran said:
Hi,

It was a new VISA application.

Hi Shankar / All

i submited my documents in drop box ( 3rd time ) , all the three times the documents which where asked where the marketing analysis and the project details . my consultant was very slow in everything , i had to bug him each and everytime for documents , he fianally gave a document which i posted on jan thru drop-box since that didn't have marketing analysis , i was given 221g blue color sheet. with marketing analysis rounded , previosuly they had asked my client's work place phto's also , the one which my cons gave didn't have the companies name , so VO had asked me the LEase agremment of the client place. now after one month my consulant is telling me that the client will not give those details and he asked me to consult a attorney here , iam lost .. don't know what the attorney here will do for me , they are asking me **** fees which i can't spend as such. Meantime other company is ready to help me , what can i do ?????????

Hello there,

I got a H1-B visa from January 2005- January 2007. I worked in the US from Feb 2005-Oct 2005. I have gone to the Chennai consulate in November 2005 for my multiple entry stamping. They have sent me the 221 g documents thrice and I sent them the required documentation. It has been almost three months I heard from the Consulate. When I emailed them a couple of times, they responded that my case is still under the review process. Almost a month ago, they sent me an email which said they were sending me another 221 g form. As of today, I haven't received anything from them.

I have a Master's degree from the US.

As my current H1-B visa expires in Jan 2007, I want to see my other options.

Can I apply for the ADE quota for this year or do I still fall into the 2005 year quota or should I wait until I hear something on my current case?
Can I get my H1-B transferred to another company at this point? Or should I go for the ADE quota for this year?

If my visa expires in January 2007 and I still don't hear from the Consulate, what are my other options?

Thank you very much.

HMV

221G - Urgent - Please Help

Friends
I have attended H1 Visa interview today at chennai consulate. But i have got 221G. I have studied MS in US. i dont ve the original degree.But i showed them the course completion certificate since the convocation is in Feb 2007.
Now they were asking me to get the original degree.
What to do? Has anyone ever in this situation before.
PLEASE give me your valuble inputs.
Thank You very much

If you dont show original degree, they wont give you H1.
You are claiming that you have US degree, so unless you show the degree, you wont get H1.
Without degree, how did you get experience.i mean you mentioned you got only course completion certifate and convocation is in Feb2007. So you dont have work experience. This may put you under 221G

Dear UmaShankar
I have been working in us for the past 1 and half year on OPT. As i said earlier i have completed all the courses and just waiting for the Degree cerficate. But school will give the certicate twise in a year. I.e July and Feb. So now they are asking me to wait until Feb 2007. But they are ready give additional letters supporting my issue.
I dont know whether Counsulate would accept those letters..

maruti_009

I can understand your situation. Nowadays US embassy in india became very strict. Same thing happened to one of my friends. They didnt give visa until she got her degree.Keep your fingers crossed.

221 G

With 221G issued, some people are asked to appear for anothe round of interview and others to send the additional documents and the other documents through the drp box. Will the guys sending the documents through drop box have a better chance to get the visa stamped ?

MM

Chennai visa interview

My cousin is attending an interview at Chennai consulate next week for H1b visa. He has all the documents that are required to be presented to the visa officer. In addition, he als obtained a client letter from a US client that is willing to hire him upon his arrival to the US. The client letter includes the following supplements: a) Contractor agreement b) Purchase order c) Emploee consent agreement

Does anyone know if anything else that may be needed for the h1b interview ?

thanks
ind

Hi, i'm a new aspirant for H1B. Can any one tell me do i need to bring the current company photographs & My bank statement (Salary A/C) for VISA interview. that would be a great advise to me.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Srujan

Last edited by a moderator:
manwithnoname said:
Please read here.

I read the bulletin. This is only a final rule and is not effective yet, isn't it?
I and my wife are travelling to India for 2 weeks. Can we apply for visa renewal by mail? Visa expired 4 months ago and visa status are valid.

Last edited by a moderator:
gcpursuer said:
I read the bulletin. This is only a final rule and is not effective yet, isn't it?
I and my wife are travelling to India for 2 weeks. Can we apply for visa renewal by mail? Visa expired 4 months ago and visa status are valid.

Correct - earlier there as a drop box procedure for the interview waiver cases. We have to wait till this become effective.

manwithnoname said:
Correct - earlier there as a drop box procedure for the interview waiver cases. We have to wait till this become effective.

I wish to take my Dad and in-laws with me and apply for visitor's visa for them. My mom already has 10 yr visa. Will there be a problem if we all go at once? Is it better to schedule the visa appointment all together or go separately?

gcpursuer said:
I wish to take my Dad and in-laws with me and apply for visitor's visa for them. My mom already has 10 yr visa. Will there be a problem if we all go at once? Is it better to schedule the visa appointment all together or go separately?

Perhaps you have to book several interview slots. Please check the vfs-usa website, in order to book the number of slots.

manwithnoname said:
Perhaps you have to book several interview slots. Please check the vfs-usa website, in order to book the number of slots.
I could book an appointment for me and my wife together. And could combine my father's and in-law's appointments (B1/B2). However, we got adjacent dates and not on the same date. It appears we can group together only similar visa categories.

H4 to H1 STAMPING at Chennai India .

HI all ,

I need some suggestions from gurus here .

My wife came to USA in June 05 on H4 and applied for H1b in 2006 and she a started working from Oct 2006 .

WE are planning to go to India in May -07 for vacation and planning to get stamping for her from Chennai-US Consulate.

What are the chances of not getting Visa from cheenai ?

or it is better to go to MEXICO or Canada for stamping .please help me ..Not able to decide on this .

We have all the docs.The only missing is we put some fake exp (2years -work exp in India )while applying her H1b.

Thank You .

DS 156 Filing

I have my H1 from a company "A" in USA. I am still working for my current company "B" in India. I have not resigned yet. I am going for my stamping. In the DS 156 form, What should I fill in the following item as ?

Current Employer ? Should this be the company "A" ie USA company or Company "B" in India.

I appreciate your replies.