1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Changing B2 Visa to Permanent Visa

Discussion in 'B Conversion to Other Status or Conversion from ot' started by priscidavid, Feb 1, 2011.

  1. priscidavid

    priscidavid New Member


    I am an US citizen and my fiance is currently in India. He has B1/B2 visa approved for 10 years. If I marry him in India, I understand that I need to apply for K3 visa (I-129F) and I-130 visa. I heard that nowadays it takes longer to get approved.

    Instead of getting married in a foreign country, we would like to get married here in US after he comes to US using the tourist B2.

    Is it possible to change his tourist visa to immigrant visa after his marriage to an US citizen? What type of visa do we need to apply to change the status? What are the chances of approval? Can he stay in the US while the visa is in process?

    Please let me know. I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
  2. BigJoe5

    BigJoe5 Registered Users (C)

    It is appropriate to file an I-129F for a fiance visa. To do as you suggest is blatant fraud and illegal.
  3. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    Take the K-1 route. That is what it (K-1 visa) exists for.

Share This Page