1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

change of status with tourist visa

Discussion in 'Temporary Visas for Canada' started by posterx, Apr 30, 2007.

  1. posterx

    posterx New Member

    I will soon be getting my PR after which I intend to move to canada. However, I'll need to return later, marry my gf and return. I would like to know if there's another way for her to come with me, other than sponsorship.

    E.g. can she come on tourist visa, we marry legally there. In this case, will she get a PR given that she will be marrying a permanent resident. What does the canadian law says about this?

    Please share your thoughts.

  2. posterx

    posterx New Member

    It is very sad that no one in this forum can advise me on this... :(

Share This Page