change of status from H4 to F1,travel

immifriend2014

Hi all,

I am an immigrant.recently i got divorced.to start my life fresh,I decided to go back to school.I applied for a change of status from H4(dependent) to F1(student) .my ex husband denied any kind of support either in immigration or financially.I am doing everything all by myself.

well,I have few concerns..I am currently awaiting the processing of change of status..I am kind of in a limbo state from H4--------F1.

it's been 45 days that i have been waiting to hear from Immigration dept.

I was told that during this process, I am not supposed to travel anywhere out of the country, which is completely understandable.

But cannot I travel anywhere within the country..like from one state to another state, one city to another city .by taking a flight or taking a bus?? couple of friends warned me not to take up any kind of travel, as it might jeopardize my chances of visa approval.

I do have my passport but of-course with the expired I-94.I have my driving license again which is expired.

I also have SSN which I received when I was on H4 status and had EAD(work permit).Is SSN helpful anywhere, in any process??

kindly somebody tell me what is all this and how exactly does this work?? I am not able to understand anything.I can't drive,can't go anywhere, I feel bored to death, depressed and stuck.

soon my health insurance will expire.I have been planning to attend some counselling sessions to get through the divorce, but looks like even that is not possible.

how long does it take for the processing?? can i request the USCIS for an expedite processing of the visa??what should i ask them??
can i travel anywhere within USA either by flight or bus??

what other options do i have to do something worthwhile while i await the visa approval.I can't just sit ando nothing.I don't want to waste my time and let go of one term.

please somebody suggest me something.