1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Change of Name (spouse)

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by smartkid4pc, Apr 15, 2012.

  1. smartkid4pc

    smartkid4pc Registered Users (C)

    Is it required that my spouse change her last name if shes filling form I-130 for me ? Would it just be her ID or every Information with her name (ssn, DL, etc)
    How do i go about these? just dont what too many question during our interview.
  2. sanket_82

    sanket_82 Registered Users (C)

    We didn't wanted all those confusions so my wife did not change her name dirung myu i130 filing. She applied for and changed after we got my physical GC in hand.

    You are not required to change
  3. Jackolantern

    Jackolantern Registered Users (C)

    The green card process doesn't require a name change for the immigrant or citizen spouse.

    However, if she is going to change her name, preferably that should be done before the green card process is started, or at the end of the process, instead of risking complications from changing her name in the middle of the process.

Share This Page