Change of address for asylum applicant

Hello, I am asylum applicant at SF asylum office pending for decision, recently I moved to LA and I want to file change of address.I found that I should file AR-11 form and at the bottom of the application the address where I have to mail it which is Homeland and security department in Virginia. It doesn't say anything about filing change of address to SF asylum office. Please share what you know about what I have to do. Thanks

When you change an address, make sure to update both USCIS HQ and Asylum office.
Also, don't forget to follow up with LA to make sure they received your file as lot of times, the prior AO office forgets\procrastinates to send your file which will result in your clock being stopped and you will know about it when you
renew or apply for EAD. Some people found it out the hard way so its a lesson learned.
Once the request is complete and you get confirmation from USCIS for address change, call LA office and inquire if they received your file and if they haven't, call SFO office and inquire when they are transferring the file over.

Thank you very much sadsoul, I appreciate your response. After filing to both SF asylum office and USCIS HQ, when do I expect to receive the response from Asylum office in order to follow up with LA asylum office. I appreciate your reply

You will receive a mail within a week or two from SFO office and once you have it, give it couple of days then follow up with LA.
Make sure to inquire about your clock.

I haven't received anything from SF asylum office by mail regarding my address change,so I called LA asylum office and they told me that my address is changed but they told me that my case will stay with SF asylum office because I already did my interview there.
I am a little bit confused because when I called the national customer service center last week they told me that your case will move to LA but LA office tells you will stay with SF

You didn't share that piece of information.
If you have already done your interview then the case stays in the place where you were interviewed as they are just waiting on something to give you a decision.
So, relax and if you have any questions, just send a mail to SFO office and you should get a response.

When you change an address, make sure to update both USCIS HQ and Asylum office.
Also, don't forget to follow up with LA to make sure they received your file as lot of times, the prior AO office forgets\procrastinates to send your file which will result in your clock being stopped and you will know about it when you
renew or apply for EAD. Some people found it out the hard way so its a lesson learned.
Once the request is complete and you get confirmation from USCIS for address change, call LA office and inquire if they received your file and if they haven't, call SFO office and inquire when they are transferring the file over.[/Q
Hello.i also want to do change of address but I have a few questions. I send my application to Nebraska but USCIS send me back the A-number from Chicago so i am confused where is my Asylum Office and what mean the USCIS HQ? Where is that?

I am dealing with a similar situation. What is the number to call for San Francisco Office. I tried the number from USCIS website (415 575 1300) but it seems they don't have live person to talk to. Thank you

When you change your address you have to inform both your asylum office(SF asylum office) in your case and the homeland security department so you have to mail AR-11 form with a letter to SF asylum office and also AR-11 form to homeland security department and you can see the address on the bottom of that form. I already did that and it all went well. They didn't send me back confirming that they received my request and they never reply to phone calls. I already get my second EAD to my new address so everything went fine. If you want to make sure about your address change after submitting you can go walk-in on Fridays and ask the asylum office and make sure they are updated

Hi I changed my address from New Jersey, Newark to Queens, New York today and called the Newark asylum office today. They told me that my case was transferred to the New York asylum office since now I live under their jurisdiction. I applied in July 2014 and was expecting to go going for my hearing in appoximatelty Jan 2016 in Newark but still got no hearing invition letter. My question is since I have changed my Jurisdiction does it now I will be interviewd in 2018 In New York? Im going paranoid.

Any answers would be great.

Zain

Hi i applied in July 2013 at Miami and my case still pending and i decided to change my address to New York , my question is any delay for transfer or risk for my case
can any one share his/her experience about change address while asylum case pending.

Hi i applied in July 2013 at Miami and my case still pending and i decided to change my address to New York , my question is any delay for transfer or risk for my case
can any one share his/her experience about change address while asylum case pending.

if you have received your first EAD there is no risk . but the risk is that the NY asylum office is the worst an has the highest denial rate slightly higher than miami , but on the other hand the NY immigration court has the highest approval rate