Change of Address Card--for Asylee

Mentos

Registered Users (C)
Good evening everyone
I need some help here--- My Political Asylem was grnated 2000 So i applied my I 485 2001. That time i was lived in Denver CO. But now i moved to New York City, So where i have to send my Change of Address from?
I got this Change of Address card from Local INS and the add. there---US Department of justice--INS--Change of Adress --Special Registration --PO Box -7134--London,KY 40742-7134

My Question is Do i have to send this Change of address form only--KY Or it's better to send same change of add. form Nebreska S.C--where is get I-485 Receipt Notice--US INS --P.O box 82521--Lincoln NE-68501, and also should i send same Change of Add. form my Local INS office(NYC).

Thank you everyone---Please help me out of that cuz i am very confused--and i don't want to miss any letter from INS for my Finger print.

Good luck everyone

Mentos,

Asylees are required to perform two actions:

1) Fill out AR-11 form. Please download the latest version of it from the website and submit it. In the instructions on the website it should point you to the appropriate address for mailing.

2) Send a letter to Nebraska Service Center.

On the letter write : Change of Address

in the body of the letter provide the following information:

Your name:
Your A#
Your previous address
Your new address

For both of these mails, please send them Registered and request return receipt as that will be the only proof you will have that you indeed informed the appropriate offices regarding change of address....

Regards,

Originally posted by RAsylee
Mentos,

Asylees are required to perform two actions:

1) Fill out AR-11 form. Please download the latest version of it from the website and submit it. In the instructions on the website it should point you to the appropriate address for mailing.

2) Send a letter to Nebraska Service Center.

On the letter write : Change of Address

in the body of the letter provide the following information:

Your name:
Your A#
Your previous address
Your new address

For both of these mails, please send them Registered and request return receipt as that will be the only proof you will have that you indeed informed the appropriate offices regarding change of address....

Regards,
Hi RAsylee,
Do you know if a person who has changed the address after the asylum approval but before applying for the green card also has to submit this paperwork to bcis? I have received all correspondence at my current address (fp notice, rtd's, ead's and the receipt for i-485) except for the asylum approval (which i received at my old address) but haven't submitted this form.
thx.
B.

In the scenario you just described my understanding is that you have not changed your address since you filed for I-485 (Adjustment to permant residence or green card). If this is true then they already have your current address at the service center and you don't have to update it with them unless you move somewhere else.

Question is did you submitted AR-11 once you moved after your asylum was approved. You are required to submit AR-11 once you have moved, if you have not done that then that is the only thing you need to submit.

Regards,

Originally posted by benko
Hi RAsylee,
Do you know if a person who has changed the address after the asylum approval but before applying for the green card also has to submit this paperwork to bcis? I have received all correspondence at my current address (fp notice, rtd's, ead's and the receipt for i-485) except for the asylum approval (which i received at my old address) but haven't submitted this form.
thx.
B.

Be careful with that. I posted this experience before: My family and I received FP notice, RTDs and EADs at our current address. We were in the understanding there was not going to be problem in receiving the I-485 approval.
However, my family got the approval but mine was sent to the old address in my I-485 application.
In my opinion sending a letter to NSC confirming your current address is not going to hurt, and I would send it anyway even if not required.
I would use USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation, and would call the 1-800 number afterward to confirm they got the change made in the computer system. That is going to save 4 weeks of uncertainty that I spent trying to find what the cause of the problem was.
From my experience, best thing to do is try avoiding change of address until you get actual GC. Hard to do though
Godd luck

alanpero2,

In the scenario that was described above, Mentos has his current address on I-485 that was filed with Nebraska Service Center. Atleast that was my understanding after reading the above post.

In any case it will never hurt to update the address with Nebraska Service Center and the AR-11 with the return receipt. It is actually a good idea to verify that address is actually updated with Nebraska as it will indeed save you time in processing. I was also a victim of RFE sent to wrong address (Even though I had updated Nebraska with my address change but I had not called the 1-800 number to verify - but now we do have the option to call the 1-800 number)

Good suggestions....

Originally posted by RAsylee
In the scenario you just described my understanding is that you have not changed your address since you filed for I-485 (Adjustment to permant residence or green card). If this is true then they already have your current address at the service center and you don't have to update it with them unless you move somewhere else.

Question is did you submitted AR-11 once you moved after your asylum was approved. You are required to submit AR-11 once you have moved, if you have not done that then that is the only thing you need to submit.

Regards,

I called NSC yesterday and the lady said if the address that was written in the I-485 application hasn't changed then there is no need to submit any additional form. however, she also said that they are now processing applications with the cutoff date of 2/1/99 (she quoted the dates INS issued last year), and when I told her that it has been moved up to 4/1/99 and that BCIS has issued a notice asking all pending asylees with the date prior to 11/16/99 to contact them she didn't know anything about it. She said in their system the cutoff date is 2/1/99 and to call back again next week.
I don't know whether this means anything but in any case I decided to share this info with you guys.
B.

What is the ( 1-800 number) for Change of Address

Thank's Everyone
For all the Advice. Please tell me what is the ( 1-800 nuber for Nebraska center to make sure they have my right Address.

Good Luck everone

Then number is: 1-800-375-5283

However, I called to check if they have my correct address, but she didn't want to confirm. She took my info and I will have to fill out the AR-11 form even if they have my correct address. In this case, accoring to her, I can track my AR-11 request and have a confirmation that they acctually have my address correct.

How stupid ..... anyway, I guess that is what I have to do to make sure they have my address. Things are moving along and I can not afford any mistake.