1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Change Job After I-485 Approved

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by lisansw, Aug 22, 2004.

1. lisansw

lisansw Registered Users (C)

Hi,

Just want make sure, if I-485 approved if one can change job immediately? Somebody said that one has to work for sponsor company for at least 6 months. Does naybody can confirm this? Thanks.
  2. Jaggy

Jaggy Registered Users (C)

Yes the law states that. So legally you are supposed to work for the employer for 6 months after I485 is approved
  3. lisansw

lisansw Registered Users (C)

Jaggy,

Thanks for the reply. So before I-485 approval one can change job based on AC21 once I-485 approved, within 6 months one has even less flexibilty to change the job. The reason why I asked this question is that I have chance to change to better job but I do not want to do so before I-485 done. Now looks like I have to lose that chance.
  4. sub_labor

sub_labor Registered Users (C)

I don't think there is any law which says you should work for 6 months for the same employer.
    Jaggy, Where did you see that?
  5. poults

poults New Member

Change Job after 1-485 Approved

What about taking a new job with the same company after I-485 approved. There is a potential promotional position I could apply for but I have also heard that even with the same company I have to stay in my existing position for 6 months following approval. Is this true...if yes, can anyone point me to the legal reference?
  6. Shaf

Shaf Registered Users (C)