Change Job After I-485 Approved

lisansw

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Just want make sure, if I-485 approved if one can change job immediately? Somebody said that one has to work for sponsor company for at least 6 months. Does naybody can confirm this? Thanks.

Yes the law states that. So legally you are supposed to work for the employer for 6 months after I485 is approved

Jaggy,

Thanks for the reply. So before I-485 approval one can change job based on AC21 once I-485 approved, within 6 months one has even less flexibilty to change the job. The reason why I asked this question is that I have chance to change to better job but I do not want to do so before I-485 done. Now looks like I have to lose that chance.

I don't think there is any law which says you should work for 6 months for the same employer.
Jaggy, Where did you see that?

Change Job after 1-485 Approved

What about taking a new job with the same company after I-485 approved. There is a potential promotional position I could apply for but I have also heard that even with the same company I have to stay in my existing position for 6 months following approval. Is this true...if yes, can anyone point me to the legal reference?