1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Change Job After I-485 Approved

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by lisansw, Aug 22, 2004.

1. lisansw

lisansw Registered Users (C)

Hi,

Just want make sure, if I-485 approved if one can change job immediately? Somebody said that one has to work for sponsor company for at least 6 months. Does naybody can confirm this? Thanks.
  2. Jaggy

Jaggy Registered Users (C)

Yes the law states that. So legally you are supposed to work for the employer for 6 months after I485 is approved
  3. lisansw

lisansw Registered Users (C)

Jaggy,

Thanks for the reply. So before I-485 approval one can change job based on AC21 once I-485 approved, within 6 months one has even less flexibilty to change the job. The reason why I asked this question is that I have chance to change to better job but I do not want to do so before I-485 done. Now looks like I have to lose that chance.
  4. sub_labor

sub_labor Registered Users (C)

I don't think there is any law which says you should work for 6 months for the same employer.
    Jaggy, Where did you see that?
  5. poults

poults New Member

Change Job after 1-485 Approved

What about taking a new job with the same company after I-485 approved. There is a potential promotional position I could apply for but I have also heard that even with the same company I have to stay in my existing position for 6 months following approval. Is this true...if yes, can anyone point me to the legal reference?
  6. Shaf

Shaf Registered Users (C)