• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Change in marriage details form submission question

fanboy

I have a question regarding submitting the forms for DV2008 that I'm hoping the knowledgeable IP members may be able to advise me on.

Last year my wife and I both submitted entries, listing each other as a spouse on our respective entries. I ended up getting an NL. We have since separated (in the sense that we are living apart, but are still legally married). We've talked it over and she's suggested that I just apply for myself.

My question is: because when I applied I indicated I was married, will there be any problem now if I only return forms for myself? (They sent me two sets in the 1st package)

I hope to contact the KCC tomorrow to ask them the same thing, but thought some forum members may have some input or experience to contribute in the meantime.

Any advice or help is appreciated!

because when I applied I indicated I was married, will there be any problem now if I only return forms for myself?
no problem at all. Just fill out your own forms and send them in. It has happened before.

Does your wife not want a GC at all?

Thanks for your response, LucyMO! I'll go ahead and just submit my forms.

In answer to your question: she doesn't want one so soon, and if she changes her mind later she's able to get one through the regular channels.

Thanks for your response, LucyMO! I'll go ahead and just submit my forms.

In answer to your question: she doesn't want one so soon, and if she changes her mind later she's able to get one through the regular channels.
Regular channels will take long time..... If she is not sure right now, she can apply for re-entry permit after getting GC.