chances of E2 Visa renewal

madefl

New to this forum so thanks for all input. we are here in the US on an E2 Visa for the last 15years. 2 years ago we totally changed businessdirection (now in construction). We only invested a few thousand $ in this new business ( under same corp. with same businessname) and made about $80000 the first and $100000 the second year. One employee. Our I94 extension runs out next year so the first question is: Realistically how likely is it that the Visa will be renewed? In case it does get denied in Frankfurt the second question is: How can we come back here to sell our property. Currently we dont have a b visa and our understanding is the VWP doesnt work after a E2 visa denial. To apply for a B Visa we have to prove ties. But our home, work.. is in US right now. So how could we settle thing here to move back to Germany. Thank you for your answers.

The E2 is getting harder to renew, even in these tough economic times.

It appears that you have little choice but to roll the dice and try to renew. I would say your chance are 50-50 really since your business 'today' is considered marginal. 8 years back things were different by my immigration lawyer now says they are looking for much, much more turnover and a LOT more employees.

If you go back and attempt a renewal and get declined, you may be able to convince them to let you back in to sort out your affairs and you may not. If you think that they care about your house and mortgage payments, STOP. They don't.