• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Chances of Dv Lottery being abolished in the future?

LoveAmerica

Registered Users (C)
I heard of past bills stating they wanted to remove the lottery for various reasons but these bills always got declined, could we possibly in the future see the goodbyes of the dv lottery? I hope not, cause this is a great way for bringing diverse people to America and well hopefully me which I want to try my first try at the lottery this year.

What do you think? Heard of anything about it being closed sometime soon or no notices as of yet?

There are certainly people in Washington and in the media who are against the DV lottery due to them stating it is too easy to get approved and get family members into the USA later on.

The entire immigration law needs to be changed to make immigration better and not as it is right now. But that is another subject.

If the opponents will get any bill through, is not something I expect but you never know, specially if more crazy A$$ are doing anything to jeapardize it for all the good people who are entering and happy to win...to me it all comes down to no more attacks or attemps to kill Americans...if something happens it always risks a program like this....so every one better condemn the people behind these attacks.

I don't think they will stop the Lottery....the reason why lottery came into act is to increase the population in USA...But maybe in future anything might happen.....lets hope for the best.....