Chances of being rejected?

tejasn

Registered Users (C)
All,

I would like to get some feedback on the H-1B visa stamping process...I\'m already very nervous and anxious as it is so I\'d like to hear what your views are on my chances of getting rejected.
I\'m going to Toronto on April 8th for my interview.

*I got my undergraduate degree in the US on F-1
*I did my practical training (after I graduated) at Company A
*Company A just sponsored me for an H-1B and I received it in 2 weeks (they did the premium processing)
*So I have a I-797/I-94, I-129, LCA, all the docs that the lawyers sent to the INS, my I-20/I-94 for F-1, all previous status documents such as IAP-66, i-797 (H4, and J2 previously), valid passport, letter from employer, EAD, DS-156/DS-157, resume, J-2 2 year requirement waiver.

Is there anything I\'m missing? (I might have just forgotten to mention it). I\'ve been in the US for 10 years starting with J2 then H4 then F1 and now H1 status and i\'ve always been in status. When I got my Canadian visitors visa, the lady made sure of this and she said I shouldn\'t have any problems in Toronto

Do any of you see any reasons I could be turned down?
Also, I\'ve heard of people who have approved visas getting their passports back the same day...is that true?
lastly, what type of questions would they ask?

Any feedback would be great

Thanks,
Tejas

Paystubs...

Add paystubs to your list. You are fine.
When last heard passports were returned only the next day. Might have changed.

What\'s the deal with 6month passport?

My Indian passport expires next year which is more than 6 months from now but does it have to be 6 months AFTER the H-1 expires? That would make it 3 1/2 years! I don\'t believe that\'s the case but do you know?

Yeah, I\'ll definitely take some paystubs

passport

The passport must have at least 6 months validity since the day you get your visa.
That is all you need. I just got my stamping in Juarez and all you are saying is what they asked me. Good luck

6 mo passport...

Although it is not an issue now, nearer to the time of expiry of passport you have to get a new passport. Gotto carry both (old will be stamped void, but your visa will be still there).

letter from the employer and recent paystubs

Add letter from the employer requesting consulate to issue you visa AND

2 to 3 most recent paystubs.

THANKS, one last question

Thanks for the help...i\'m glad i posted a message on this site..I\'m feeling a lot less nervous!

I\'m taking them anyway, but did anybody get asked for original documents? If so which original documents did you get asked for?

Thanks again

carry......

The original document will be-
1 I-797 i.e. notice of approval from the current employer.
2 Your transcripts and degree certificate

Rest of the documents are copies. However, it is always good to carry original paystubs and give it to them if they say they are not happy with just copies of paystubs and that they want to see the originals also.

Tejas - IMPORTANT - carry documents to prove that you were always in status - spouse\'s visas as wel

Tejas,
carry all documents that prove that you were always in status, also carry your paystubs (as already mentioned), and most important also carry your spouse\'s visas and h1 and other documents - including passport, etc....I know for sure that sometimes they ask for the spouse\'s papers if you had been on a dependant visa and are now applying for a work visa.
If possible, carry your US credentials evaluation from WES or any other reputed agency
Make sure that your spouse has all papers with him/her in hand the day you have your appointment - just in case you need some extra papers, you will have to ask your spouse to fax it across to the consulate if requested. have a similar arrangement with your employer if any information is requested or they want to cross-check.
Have faith, and good luck!! God Bless.