Card may have sent to old address, what happens?

gino

Registered Users (C)
I recently changed my addressed, and called USCIS to inform them of my new address. But, I got the welcome letter at my old address after I calling USCIS. I got an email yesterday saying that my case was approved and an approval notice was sent. I called USCIS to ask to which address they sent my green card but they weren't able to tell me that! Now, if they mailed the green card to my old address, what's goign to happen, will the post office send the card back to USCIS or forward it to my new address?

Please share youre views/expereiences.

Thanks,

Gino

gino said:
I recently changed my addressed, and called USCIS to inform them of my new address. But, I got the welcome letter at my old address after I calling USCIS. I got an email yesterday saying that my case was approved and an approval notice was sent. I called USCIS to ask to which address they sent my green card but they weren't able to tell me that! Now, if they mailed the green card to my old address, what's goign to happen, will the post office send the card back to USCIS or forward it to my new address?

Please share youre views/expereiences.

Thanks,

Gino

You can submit a change of address form to USPS through their website for .50 cents(using a credit card) or through person at your local post office. Your change of address is stored in a system called PARS(Postal Automated Redirect System) which redirects & prints a label for any change of addresses. So if USCIS sends your GC to your old address, PARS will sort out and print a label for your new home address and put it on the letter and you will get it within 1-2 days.

Its very simple and works perfectly.

wantmygcnow said:
You can submit a change of address form to USPS through their website for .50 cents(using a credit card) or through person at your local post office. Your change of address is stored in a system called PARS(Postal Automated Redirect System) which redirects & prints a label for any change of addresses. So if USCIS sends your GC to your old address, PARS will sort out and print a label for your new home address and put it on the letter and you will get it within 1-2 days.

Its very simple and works perfectly.

Thanks! I already did that. I was just not sure if the post office will forward government mail to my new address because the USPS website says that certain government mail will not be forwarded.

Gino

gino said:
Thanks! I already did that. I was just not sure if the post office will forward government mail to my new address because the USPS website says that certain government mail will not be forwarded.

Gino

If USCIS wants a receipt of delivery, usually when the postman delivers it, he scans it that it has been delivered.

Some U.S govt mail such as registered letters to appear before a judge or IRS audit for example are handled differently. A postcard is sent to your changed address that you have a registered mail to be picked up since you have to sign for it.

USCIS doesn't send require signature confirmation for most of its mails so you are ok.

wantmygcnow said:
If USCIS wants a receipt of delivery, usually when the postman delivers it, he scans it that it has been delivered.

Some U.S govt mail such as registered letters to appear before a judge or IRS audit for example are handled differently. A postcard is sent to your changed address that you have a registered mail to be picked up since you have to sign for it.

USCIS doesn't send require signature confirmation for most of its mails so you are ok.

Thanks! This makes me feel better!

Gino