Can't get B2 visa to meet my parents?

papasgirl

Hi! I am new here as well. Nice to meet you all :)
I met a man while on a trip to Indonesia. He is really great and we spent every minute together while I was there. I was there for 8 months. Unfortunately, my circumstances don't allow me to live in Indonesia right now. We would like to get married but, in my strict family tradition, my parents wont agree unless they have met him first.
We applied for him to get a B2 visa. He was denied. The lady at the consulate told him he needed to file a K1 visa. After having read about it, you must marry within 3 months. The problem is that I can not guarantee that we will marry in 3 months since my parents have not met him yet. Is there any loophole for the visitor visa? Otherwise, I guess I will apply for the K1 and we will get married regardless of my parents approval. Just thought I would try this first. Thanks guys!

It isnt that he doesn't want to marry me. They won't let him come on the B2. We just don't want to do the K1 for such a short stay. He wants to marry me and I don't thik it's fraud because he really prefers me to come there rather than him come to USA because of all the red-tape involved. Thank you for your input.

It isnt that he doesn't want to marry me. They won't let him come on the B2. We just don't want to do the K1 for such a short stay. He wants to marry me and I don't thik it's fraud because he really prefers me to come there rather than him come to USA because of all the red-tape involved. Thank you for your input.

How much time do your parents want to get to know him before giving their blessing? If the K-1 is all he can get, get it. You and he don't have to marry in that 90 days. He and you can go back and get married abroad. The K-1 is a visa that provides him with only one option to stay in the U.S. That would be to marry you and file for adjustment. He cannot come here, ditch you at the airport and go on his merry way to settle in the U.S. illegally. If a K-1 does that, they can never adjust status.

HOWEVER, you can use that visa to let him come and meet your parents as that seems to be the only alternative. The State Department already knows that he was planning to come here on a B-2 tourist visa and meet his future in-laws so, a rather long time will have to pass for him to get almost any other nonimmigrant visa.

Fly your parents out to meet him in Indonesia.

It isnt that he doesn't want to marry me. They won't let him come on the B2. We just don't want to do the K1 for such a short stay. He wants to marry me and I don't thik it's fraud because he really prefers me to come there rather than him come to USA because of all the red-tape involved.