• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CANCELLATION of DV Lottery Programme INDEFINITELY-YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

What I don't understand is that after years of running this lottery why is it that DV 2012 has problem with the software programme? Sounds strange isn't it? Would they not be using the same programme to choose the winners every year? Why only this instance?

DVWasScam, I believe they deleted your posts because you were posting like 'one, two, three' and they were pointless posts.. Yes you were right they were going to do another redraw, but no need to spam the forum... And your posts are extremely provocative. No one needs to treat you right if your behavior is offensive. :\

Boy, I am amazed at people's maturity. Seriously. The entire Trololol thing sure is 'mature'... Where are you people from really?

This is true. If you see another republican gaining presidential status again (especially Trump) then be sure to kiss the DV lottery and any other easy way means of immigrating to the US goodbye. Republicans Hate all types of immigrants.

Obama on the other hand likes them, he is confused to why the US sends back potential immigrants to their own country to compete against them when they did all their college education in the United States. Heck even Obama got his aunt legal status who was living illegally in America for a couple of years.

Does that mean Republicans hate themselves? Now I know why Donald Trump has that hairstyle! Perhaps it's some self-inflicting punishment for being an immigrant.

Obviously you don't watch politics since the republican party have been trying to pass bills for the past few years to abolish the DV lottery.

90% of the people who applied for the DV lottery have no real idea about US, the culture and the politics.

DVWasScam, I believe they deleted your posts because you were posting like 'one, two, three' and they were pointless posts.. Yes you were right they were going to do another redraw, but no need to spam the forum...

That user was not spamming. You are completely wrong. He/She was right to many things that he/she said during this time. Moderators' job is to respect every single user and not to delete their posts. I would have felt offended if they had deleted my posts. You must respect the others' opinion not only when you agree but also when you don't agree. I would like to ask moderators NOT to act like children.

That user was not spamming. You are completely wrong. He/She was right to many things that he/she said during this time. Moderators' job is to respect every single user and not to delete their posts. I would have felt offended if they had deleted my posts. You must respect the others' opinion not only when you agree but also when you don't agree. I would like to ask moderators NOT to act like children.
See what he has posted so far by yourself.
Posts with only numbers without any meaning.

Who acted like a child?

http://forums.immigration.com/search.php?searchid=1684746
--
by DVwasScam Replies
fourteen
--
by DVwasScam Replies
seven
--

I was already registered before May 1st, and I used to read the topic "Dv Was a Scam" or something relative from its start. It was definitely not a spam or anything like that. Many people used to write and to discuss different things there, but some day, after many many posts and time spending to have a respectful discussion there, suddenly that topic is gone! I wrote some times there so I demand this first to unblock that user as I saw he/she is banned and secondly to bring that topic back. Because you people not only deleted all the topic but also my posts there. Anyone has the right to express his opinion freely. And you can't ban anyone just because you want to.

hi guys im happy that they cancelled it as i was not selected when i checked on 15 mai hhhhhhhhhhhhh, i wish to win this time . going to the land of freedom is my big dream since im applying for more than 10 years now ,im not lucky pls pray for me this time to win

@ Us_ dreams

And if you end up not getting selected on the 15th of July.. What happens??? My friend you'd better watch your utterances

Obviously you don't watch politics since the republican party have been trying to pass bills for the past few years to abolish the DV lottery.
obliviously you dont watch politics since the democratical party have been trying to pass bills for legalizing illegal migrants, marijuana, zoophily.

Because the DV lottery allows riff raffs(no offence meant) to become legal residents. Only people with the qualifications to get through the employment route should be allowed to get green cards. They should also modify the family reunifaction route to permanent residency.

hi it is my first time here! i have feelings to talk
I'm a 2012 DV winner but now it is cancelled, i feel a pity

I have a faith on my LORD Jesus that I will be a winner once again on july 15th. do you now what? I will tell you
the reason behind! because i have a reason for it for the mayth wining.

Because the DV lottery allows riff raffs(no offence meant) to become legal residents. Only people with the qualifications to get through the employment route should be allowed to get green cards. They should also modify the family reunifaction route to permanent residency.

I totally agree with you GNH.
They need to reform the immigration system. Immigration has great benefits (if you filter who you let in, unlike the random DV lottery). There are millions of qualified skilled professionals and extraordinary workers who can work to improve the US economy, but they're not getting sponsorships or they're waiting for years on employment visa. Why is it more difficult for these people to get visa, and random computer program just picks "winners" from a random pile.. people who don't even speak english.

Why is it more difficult for families to get GC? why do they have to endure years of misery being separated from loved ones??? While some random people get the lottery GC within 1 year.. not having to do anything at all except submit a form.

Abolish the DV lottery. Fix the immigration policies to favor people with qualifications and immediate family.

And rename Washington to Mumbai.

Racist much? Why not?

After all, most of the cities in the US are named after the place of origin of immigrants who settled here. New York, New England, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Orleans, Lafayette, Des Plaines, Baton Rouge, Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Fe, San Francisco, New Mexico... (Rome, Athens, Paris, Lebanon, London, Somerset, Glasgow are all names of cities/towns in the United States) I could go on forever.

Los Angeles and New York city are the two of the biggest, most successful, famous and diverse cities in the US. Cities built by immigrants.
Why not New Mumbai? New New Delhi? Don't hate the Indians because they're smart, hardworking and they speak English.

New Mumbai

Yup. This is what US needs. Investors and money flowing IN.

"US Realty Turns Hot Property: Indians snapping up big housing deals"
ht tp://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/nri/nri-real-estate/us-realty-turns-hot-property-indians-snapping-up-big-housing-deals/articleshow/8518260.cms

NEW DELHI: India-born American realtor Jaswant Lalwani hasn't been this busy since the housing crisis in the US in 2008. "I have closed 10 deals with Indian buyers in the last three months. And I am working on another 30," he says. The Manhattan-based realtor deals with all kinds of buyers, but of late, he has got more business from Indian clients. ( Latest news on NRIs )

Rohit Prakash, based in Austin, Texas , has for long been doing brisk business helping Americans and foreigners buy and sell property in the capital of one of America's biggest states.

Recently, he set up American Full House to cater to Indians looking to buy homes in locations that have seen a huge price drop. An Indian buyer who contacted him sometime ago is close to doing two deals in a suburb of Los Angeles at $82,000 and $85,000 each for a three-bedroom condominium. At the peak of the housing boom, these properties were selling at close to $250,000.

Flush with cash and keen to diversify their portfolio, Indians are busy snapping up property in the US. Buyers include rich families whose children are either working or studying there, and rich individuals in India looking for good returns. "These individuals have a minimum net worth of $1 million and are looking for properties in the $1-10 million price range," says Lalwani of Corcoran Real Estate.

Indian buyers are mostly exploring cities such as Los Angeles, Las Vegas and other parts of southern California and Phoenix, and Miami, where prices are still 60% lower than the peak.

According to the US National Association of Realtors , Indians contributed 7% of total international home sales of $82 billion in the US during the year ended March 2011, only behind the Canadians (23%) and the Chinese (9%). The year saw the highest home sales in America after the meltdown, and the largest purchase in value terms by the Indian community in three years.

"The US is a mature market and very transparent. Unlike in India, it is easier to manage property there," explains Santhosh Kumar, chief executive officer of operations at global property firm Jones Lang LaSalle, which has closed about 5-6 such transactions in the last 12 months.

The subprime crisis in the US in late 2008 was followed by a sharp drop in home prices. Even after two-and-a-half years, the country's real estate market has not recovered. Property prices have been declining for 57 consecutive months now.

I think us_dream did not express himself/herself accurately. I think what Us_dreams meant was the annulment of the results because he/she was a selectee on May 1st. He/she did not mean that actual cancellation of the whole DV program.
@ Us_ dreams

And if you end up not getting selected on the 15th of July.. What happens??? My friend you'd better watch your utterances