Canadian Immigration

test123456

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am currently in the United States on an H1B visa and in the I-140 stage of GC. I had some queries which are as follows:

1) Can I file for Canadian Immigration (Permanent Residency) simultaneously with GC in USA?

2) Approx how long does it take to get Canadian Permanent Residency ?

3) After Canadian Immigration is approved, how long does one have before he/she has to relocate to Canada?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
dgap

No Title

Yes you can apply for Canadian immigration simultanoeusly.
It takes 8-12 months for the Canadian immigration to be approved
When teh Canadians approve your application, they give you a deadline for landing which is about 7-11 months from the date of approval, YOU HAVE to land before the deadline, you don\'t have to stay, but, you have to enter, you can stay 180 days a year out of Canada, if you stayed more than that, they have teh right to withdraw your landing immigrant status.

No Title

I heard /read somewhere that you could request the counsulate to extend the --180 days a year out of canada timelimit after landing to about a year\'s time
Has any one ever done this ??
Pls reply
thanks
yakub

No Title

This is called out of country stay extension. It is getting very difficult everyday, you will have to provide a valid reason for this. I know a lot of application has been declined, especially for people working in USA. In the past first time extension was very easy and second time was difficult. Now even the first time is difficult, this is what I heard from people who tried.

Mr/Ms Hayyoot commented "YOU HAVE to land before the deadline, you don\'t have to stay, but, you have to enter, you can stay 180 days a year out of Canada, if you stayed more than that, they have the right to withdraw your landing immigrant status." I have comment that people should not miss read what Mr. Hayyoot has written.

First Canadian Immigration people are not the same people they were two three years ago. A lot of people working in USA on H1 applied for Canadian Immigration but did not physically moved to Canada. Immigration Canada detected a lot of cases recently. On papers they get immigration but still live in USA. So Canadian Immigration is getting tough for those people. Immigration Canada has cancelled the Canadian Immigration of at least two people I know recently on Detroit border. They also returned one person entering Canada as a landing immigrant as he could not provide reasonable answers to Immigration Canada that he is moving as a permanent. Immigration Canada officer told that person to come back with truckload of stuff then I\'ll provide you permanent residency in Canada. Your words to Canadian Immigration are very important. Those who have the experience and have gone through the immigration question or car search know what I am talking about. Immigration Officer\'s interrogation is intense and one will be caught in just few minutes, then comes the car search and baggage and they will find a proof that you actually don\'t live in Canada. Please, don\'t think I am discouraging people or scaring these are facts and only those unlucky one will or do know what I am writing here. This all depends upon the Immigration Officer, some don\'t ask much some ask a lot you are in trouble, if you are playing hide and seek game with Canadian Immigration. So please do not think this is an easy game unless and until you know all the details/ pet falls. My suggestion to everyone is play a safe game with Immigration Canada, or you can easily get in trouble. My two cents…….

No Title

You may be referring to a Returning Resident Permit. If aproved, it is typically issued for one year, and an application can be submitted to extend it for a second year.

Additional information on this topic may be found at Campbell, Cohen\'s web site at the following URL:

http://canadavisa.com/documents/rrp.htm
________
Campbell,Cohen - attorneys at law
info@canadavisa.com
tel: (514)937-9445; fax: (514)937-2618
http://canadavisa.com

No Title

Need help in finding a good canadian immig lawyer? Any recos

I am in the same boat as u. My H1 is expiring shortly and I need a good lawyers. Did u come across any good lawyer? How are u doing it currently?

No Title

You don\'t need any lawyer. Just go to the canadian web site. Get your assessment done online and then print out the forms. The instructions are given perfectly. I did it on my own. It took me 8 months -from start to finish. I have the landing papers with me. Lawyers generally charge $3000 which is too much for filling up the forms. If you have any more doubts I shall help you. You may contact me rana8689@hotmail.com