Canadian, 2yrs left on H1-B, live-in American boyfriend, have to leave employer yup urgent!

effleess

Oh help. I'm so confused by all this. I'm 4 years into H1-B visa, Canadian, with US boyfriend with whom I live. I need to leave current employer for reasons related to discrimination. Here are my questions:

1) Can I stay in USA legally if I am not with current employer (and not having found new one to port my H1-B to)

2) Does the H1-B automatically, once rescinded by my current employer, mean I have to leave the USA and return as a visitor?

3) How many times can I return as a visitor from Canada without incuring problems (should be decide to engage and marry?)

I'm sick at heart over all this. Excuse the emotion. I'm sure we are all experiencing such uncertainty and all the stress that goes with it.

Many thanks for your responses.

A1: You cannot stay in the US based on your H-1B I-94
A2: You cannot stay in the US based on your H-1B I-94, but you do not have to return as a visitor
A3: That all depends on whether you overcome immigrant intent at the border. You can cross successfully many times as a visitor or you may be refused entry on your very first attempt as a visitor.

1) Can I stay in USA legally if I am not with current employer (and not having found new one to port my H1-B to)

2) Does the H1-B automatically, once rescinded by my current employer, mean I have to leave the USA and return as a visitor?

3) How many times can I return as a visitor from Canada without incuring problems (should be decide to engage and marry?)