Canada vistor visa question for canada PR spouse

anstoss214

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have Canada green card. My wife and I are thinking to visit Canada for a few days. Can she simply apply for Canada visitor visa? I heard if we go from US, we can apply at the US-canada border at the point of entry. Can someone pls share the experience?

thanks
anstoss

I have Canada green card. My wife and I are thinking to visit Canada for a few days. Can she simply apply for Canada visitor visa? I heard if we go from US, we can apply at the US-canada border at the point of entry. Can someone pls share the experience?

Where she would get the visa depends on her country of citizenship...

Hi,
It all depends on her citizenship. She either needs a visa or not. If she needs one, she will need to apply and procure one at a Canadian consulate in the US.
Being the spouse of a Canadian PR, it will be tough to convince the issuing authority that the visit in temporary in nature. Good luck!!!

anstoss214 said:
Hi,

thanks
anstoss