• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can`t decide on CP or AOS, help!!!!

findik

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody, I need help deciding on whether I should go for CP or AOS, I am F-1 student from Turkey, been here for 6 years, never violated any law, just won DV 2008, my case number is EU00012xxx, any advice would be appreciated..

It really depends on whether you have the time and money to go back. If you want to take a short trip (which won't involve the Bosphorus I'm afraid as the DV applications are handled in the boring Ankara), do that. But, if you can't go back, don't despair. If everything goes smoothly, your number may not be that big of a problem. Therein lies the RISK: Will things go smoothly for your application? I think the most important factors in an AOS application are your local USCIS office (its efficiency/ work load etc.) and your gender/name (if you are a male with a common Turkish name like Mehmet Aslan, the likelihood that your FBI namecheck will take a long time is higher!) AOS needs more luck really, there are many more ways your application will get stuck somewhere. But if you think there won't be a problem (e.g. if your case is very straightforward), don't shy away from AOS.

Tebrikler ve iyi sanslar!

Dear madhatter, thanks a lot for your helpful insights, I have decided to go with CP, though my case is straightforward, I have witnessed major delays on USCIS`s part with my friends, so going to boring Ankara seems like a good choice, thanks again and good luck with your case, I hope everything goes well.

It really depends on whether you have the time and money to go back. If you want to take a short trip (which won't involve the Bosphorus I'm afraid as the DV applications are handled in the boring Ankara), do that. But, if you can't go back, don't despair. If everything goes smoothly, your number may not be that big of a problem. Therein lies the RISK: Will things go smoothly for your application? I think the most important factors in an AOS application are your local USCIS office (its efficiency/ work load etc.) and your gender/name (if you are a male with a common Turkish name like Mehmet Aslan, the likelihood that your FBI namecheck will take a long time is higher!) AOS needs more luck really, there are many more ways your application will get stuck somewhere. But if you think there won't be a problem (e.g. if your case is very straightforward), don't shy away from AOS.

Tebrikler ve iyi sanslar!

It's true, DV matters are handled by Ankara, but passengers can make one stop over in Istanbul without paying extra money, because there is no direct flight to Ankara, so there will be an opportunity, for example to go to Kanlica through Cengel, just to take a breath if she/he likes :)

It really depends on whether you have the time and money to go back. If you want to take a short trip (which won't involve the Bosphorus I'm afraid as the DV applications are handled in the boring Ankara) Tebrikler ve iyi sanslar!

Hey guys, I will go to Turkey, have some tea by the Bosphorus, have midye tava in Ortakoy, have yogurt in Kanlica just for YOU :))

It's true, DV matters are handled by Ankara, but passengers can make one stop over in Istanbul without paying extra money, because there is no direct flight to Ankara, so there will be an opportunity, for example to go to Kanlica through Cengel, just to take a breath if she/he likes :)

so, your interview will probably be scheduled for after january 2008. I don't know how the scheduling of cp interviews are done exactly, but you can look at the embassy website http://ankara.usembassy.gov/schedule_dv.html. I think they still look at the cutoff numbers in the bulletin, in which case your int. will be sometime after february. Also check the threads about the Iranian DV applicants to have an idea about Ankara CP experiences, they have AS case numbers (not EU) but they also get processed in Ankara.

ankara'ya gitmisken de bir ankara simidi bir hosta doneri de yersin artik.