Can she apply GC thru USC dautghter after Asylum denied long back?

HXU888

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but with an important question for my aunt.

She came to us in early 90s visiting her student daughter. For supporting daughter and her own living, she worked in a resturant part-time without working permit. She was caught by FBI and given deportation. She found a lawyer to help filed Asylum, for fearing of go back to China, being punished because in certain degree she participated 1989 democratic movement, which we all know been brutally cracked down by communist government.

Her asylum application was denied, for reason of not filing asylum in first place before working w/o permission. With her lawyer's help, she appealled. Since then there is no word from government. She moved a few address with her daughter, informing the addresses change every time.

Now, her daughter became a US Citizen. She want to file GC application thru her daughter's sponsoring. We have no way to find the status of her asylum appeal. We tried to contact her former layer, but nowhere to find after so many years.

Can she file GC app. without mentioning her deportation and asylum? If she have to file with all those, how could she find out the asylum status? She has A# and SS#. FBI had taken her fingerprints.

If you are familar with this kind of situation, can you please provide help. We all sincerely appreciate your input.

You can choose responde to my personal email junxu_94@yahoo.com, or to public this thread.

Her daughter can apply for her mothers gc since she is a u.s Citizen. She does have to write that her asylum was denied and she had an order of deportation which was in appeal process.Make sure you write the A#. Nothing bad will happen and usually they will ask her to file a waiver I-602

Originally posted by HXU888
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but with an important question for my aunt.

She came to us in early 90s visiting her student daughter. For supporting daughter and her own living, she worked in a resturant part-time without working permit. She was caught by FBI and given deportation. She found a lawyer to help filed Asylum, for fearing of go back to China, being punished because in certain degree she participated 1989 democratic movement, which we all know been brutally cracked down by communist government.

Her asylum application was denied, for reason of not filing asylum in first place before working w/o permission. With her lawyer's help, she appealled. Since then there is no word from government. She moved a few address with her daughter, informing the addresses change every time.

Now, her daughter became a US Citizen. She want to file GC application thru her daughter's sponsoring. We have no way to find the status of her asylum appeal. We tried to contact her former layer, but nowhere to find after so many years.

Can she file GC app. without mentioning her deportation and asylum? If she have to file with all those, how could she find out the asylum status? She has A# and SS#. FBI had taken her fingerprints.

If you are familar with this kind of situation, can you please provide help. We all sincerely appreciate your input.

You can choose responde to my personal email junxu_94@yahoo.com, or to public this thread.

You can find out the status of an asylum case pending before the EOIR by calling 1-800-898-7180. All you need is your "A" number.

When you apply for permanent residence, you HAVE to disclose your prior immigration history. The BCIS has your file and they will know one way or another.

I strongly suggest you hire a good lawyer to handle this matter. Of particular concern is that lately the BCIS is fond of finding people who come here to apply for asylum of having committed "fraud or material misrepresentation" in the visa interview. If this finding sticks, you will not get your green card.