Can one have Employement based as well Family based Green Card process Simultaneously?

kthaker

Hi,

I am in US on my EAD (worked based GC - EB2). My priority date is May 2009. Simultaneously my Father who is US Citizen filed for me under F2B category when he was Permanent Residence status. Now my date is current under F2B category. When he filed for me i was unmarried and now when my date is current i am married.
My questions is
  1. Can i have two green card process simultaneously?
  2. As on F2B category my priority date is current, do i need to file for AOS (EAD based on F2B) or my current EAD will work? If i have to apply for another AOS, what will happen to my current EAD(based on EB2)? I do not want to jeopardized my Employment GC process. If Not, then what if my F2B denied, will that affect on my current EAD status?
  3. While filing I-485 (under F2B),m do i need to mentioned about my Employment based EAD?
Thanks.

I got married before he became Citizen.

Okay so here the situation. two years ago my F2B priority date became current and NVC sent us Welcome letter and instructions what we need to do. I ignored that time because my simple understanding, if i got married then i am not eligible for this Green Card category. I did nothing that time. Now before a week ago, i received a letter from NVC stating , "i hadn't took any action on my immigration Visa application, please take a appropriate action. For questions call NVC. "
So i called NVC and explained my situation, they said you are still eligible as your date is current. I was like, really... So long story short, i decided to go for it. i met immigration lawyer too. He also said yes i can do it.
but still in dilemma about my work EAD. I do not want o loose my chance to get GC here.

Last edited:
I got married before he became Citizen.
Then the petition he filed for you is dead. There is no category for married child of permanent resident. (On the other hand, if you had married after he became a citizen, the petition would have moved to the F1 category (unmarried child of citizen), then to the F3 category (married child of citizen), which would mean you would have to wait about 5 more years as the wait for F3 is around 12 years.)

The only petition you have now is the EB2.