Can my company file a Perm Process as of now, August 2010?

canada_14

Registered Users (C)
Hey all,

Need an expert comment on my question, the reason being my employer are just postponing the PERM process because of one or other reason. So, planning to get an expert idea whether can I request for PERM process as of now, August 2010. A little background is that I have an experience of 8+ years and have been with current employer for 3+ years.

Any suggestion or direction is really appreciated whether my employer should start the process or not and whether they should go with EB2 or EB3 type? In addition I am an Indian born with Canadian citizenship but currently on H1B visa.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on the circumstances at the company, they may or may not be able to file.

In addition, no US citizen or permanent resident can be qualified for or desirous of your position; if even one responds to the advertising, the process cannot go forward. Given the unemployment and the tens and tens of thousands of unemployed in the professions, it is quite likely that your will be on your way back to Canada if you press the issue. After all, you have ONLY 8 years of experience; I know many people with far more that are looking for jobs.

By the way, why did you move to Canada if you had no intention of making that your home?

Thanks for your reply. Just to reply on your question; I moved Canada on immigration basis but had a really bad experience with cold weather and that made us plan to move to West and ended up in California; with intention of making a home here. So, now my next steps is to explore different options whether transferring ourselves (referring to my family) to business visa makes it quick or if my current employer file for PERM / Greencard will make it quick?