• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can my 19yr old daughter apply as an individual?

kippeth

Hello. I'm finding it very difficult to gather the answer to this question. I have applied for the DV listing my 19yr old as an independent and was wondering if she can also submit an application on her own accord.

I know a husband and wife can apply separately but can't find the answer to my specific question anywhere.

Thanks,
Angela

Hello. I'm finding it very difficult to gather the answer to this question. I have applied for the DV listing my 19yr old as an independent and was wondering if she can also submit an application on her own accord.

I know a husband and wife can apply separately but can't find the answer to my specific question anywhere.

Thanks,
Angela

Your daughter can apply of her own accord - assuming she meets the application requirements. Unlike your application though, she cannot list you as a dependent - so there is the risk (if you deem it a risk) that she might win and go the the USA, but you're left behind in your home country.