Can Labor be applied again - Quick question to Jim & All experts

You can apply again

You need to wait six months. I don\'t think the six month wait requirement exists if you change companies. Check on it before starting the process though.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Details please!

Hi Rahul_k25,
I would appreciate if you can post details about your Labor. Why was it denied? Did you get NOF from SESA or Fed DOL? Was it denied by SESA or Fed DOL?

Thanks

Ravi

No Title

Hi Guys,

I work for a copy A. My company merged with Company B ( sister company) but they called it company C after the meger.
Due due this my work location or job is not going to change. My question is will my LC be any useful now. or Should I apply again through company C?

Thanks,
Jitu

If my company move location from NJ to NY, do I need re-apply LC?

Ask Jim:

If my company move location from NJ to NY, do I need re-apply LC?

my case EB2 RIR 6/25

Thanks,

You can apply .. But be ready to face economic wrath ..

My 2 cents ...
Due to economy downside, people who applied with RIR got rejected.. They need to go thru Labor again ..
If INS rejected RIR How can we be sure that they will not reject Labor ..

Obviously RIR\'s are difficult, or even impossible, in some circumstances

If the company just laid off 10,000 US employees in the same location with similar qualifications an RIR (or a non-rir for that matter) isn\'t going to happen. Qualified US workers are clearly available.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

No Title

I was in the same situation and did not need to re-apply. My company (a part of it) moved to another location in NY state 15 miles from the original NJ location. It was OK since you can move in the metropolitan area up to 35 miles, which is considered a normal commutable distance. Good luck!

EMC LC\'s on Hold since september 2001

EMC laid off 6400 inclusive of H1 & US workers & Abroad. All having different qualifications & job descriptions. No body got laid off in our group with similar qualification & job. Please advise what need to be done if NOF comes. Thanks in advance.

FYI,

EMC cases have issued NOF but there is no notice of extension or denial... See the following cases.... Till date there are 23 EMC cases with NOF\'s
013053xx Software Engineer 01/04/01 NOF Issued -- FINAL ACTION Due On 09/06/01. Posted on 08/02/01.
013058xx Software Engineer 01/11/01 NOF Issued -- FINAL ACTION Due On 09/20/01. Posted on 08/16/01.
013058xx Quality Control Engineer 01/11/01 NOF Issued -- FINAL ACTION Due On 09/20/01. Posted on 08/16/01.
........................................................................................................................................
013097xx Manager, Proc. Ser. 05/31/01 NOF Issued -- FINAL ACTION Due On 02/28/02. Posted on 01/24/02.

Please advise.

What to do if NOF is issued

It depends on what they are requesting in the NOF. You need to answer it but you do not need to volunteer information or answer questions that were not asked. If DOL asks about those 6400 layoff\'s it may be necessary to eliminate all 6400 people as unqualified for the position (BTW, how do you know that all 6400 have different qualifications?). That may be why the company is not pursuing LCs anymore.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Specialized Job

I work in IT as Programmer Analyst for a specialized field like Seibel, SAP, Clarify, People-soft. They all are packages & need to be customized according to company needs. No body in our group got laid off. Will this help in providing NOF? Thanks for all the help. You are a great help to all of us.