Can I Postpone my parents' Green Card Petition?

rdxxs8513

Registered Users (C)
I'm a US Citizen in the process of applying GC for my oversea parents. I already received notice from NVC saying petition is eligible for further processing. However, my father had a situation and needs time to recover. Can I send a letter to NVC and ask to postpone the petition? Since I paid the application fees already I don't want to withdraw the case and re-apply in 1 or 2 years. Anyone has similar experience?

They have one-year contact requirement as quoted below.

"One-year contact requirement
After you receive notification that the NVC is processing your case, you must contact them at least once
a year. If you do not contact the NVC for one year, all documents and fees on your case will expire and
you must resubmit them to resume processing."

I have a question about NVC one year requirement. When does it actually starts? Is it after paying the fees? Or the date on NVC's letter stating that the petition is now eligible for further processing?

Thank you in advance.

Can anyone please help me about my question below?

I have a question about NVC one year requirement. When does it actually starts? Is it after paying the fees? Or the date on NVC's letter stating that the petition is now eligible for further processing?