Can I move to a different city right after getting my Green Card?

rcn777

I don't intend to quit my current company. I'm currently on an H1B visa, and am in talks with my current employer of moving to a different city within the US, actually to the same job title and description. This is scheduled to happen within a month of my Green Card being approved. Are there any restrictions for this? Do I have to stay in the same city where I'm living at the moment of getting the Green Card for a certain period of time?

Do I have to stay in the same city where I'm living at the moment of getting the Green Card for a certain period of time?
No, but as a green card holder you are expected to reside primarily in the US. So if the job was in a city abroad you might have a problem, but moving immediately to another city within the US (or US territories like Puerto Rico and Guam) will cause no problem for keeping your green card or building naturalization eligibility.

No, but as a green card holder you are expected to reside primarily in the US. So if the job was in a city abroad you might have a problem, but moving immediately to another city within the US (or US territories like Puerto Rico and Guam) will cause no problem for keeping your green card or building naturalization eligibility.

It depends. If the green card is labor certificate based and labor certificate does not specify the location he intends to
move too, it still can cause the issue. One must have bona fide intent to work according to the labor certificate.