Can I laminate Naturalization Certificate?

USCIS specifically said that you can not laminate the certificate . If you laminate then the certificate will not be accepted and you need to replace using 565
hOPE THIS hlps .

I was wondering if we can laminate Naturalization certificate. Really appreciate if someone has any details.

Thanks.

You can do if you like. But the certificate will become a souvenir instread of being a official document.(It will be an invalid paper if you ever do that as we were told during the ceremony). It is a common sense that most of the official documents can not be laminated by the holders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't laminate it! My parents laminated my birth certificate and it's been a pain. Keep it in a plastic sleeve and be done with it. Lamination is a waste of time.

Thanks guys. I will not laminate my nat certificate.

However, WHY did you want a laminated naturalization certificate in the first place ? This is still a mystery; isnt it ? Could you respond to this ?
Is this something like an Apple Share Certificate in a frame that was sold for $200 when the market price of the share had fallen to just $1 ?

People want to preserve their naturalisation certificates, so there is nothing strange about it. However, not everybody is aware that laminating most official documents will render them void. I personally keep all my important documents in clear plastic sleeves - it works just fine.