1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Can I get arrested if I go to a social security office?

Discussion in 'Exclusion or Removal from USA' started by randb, Jun 17, 2009.

1. randb

randb New Member

I recently applied for a replacement social security card. I was told that day that my "immigration status is not clearing" and that I would hear back from them in about 4 weeks. Today, I get a call from them TWICE requesting that I come in so they can "verify my documents again". I recently got my H-1b I-94, so I'm pretty sure that I'm not in any trouble.

Is there any possibility that I can get arrested because something somewhere got messed up?

Thanks for your help!
  2. So_Special

So_Special Registered Users (C)

I'd say based on the information you offered, most of us here would know as much as you know. Not enough to even try to make a good guess. You should go and find out either way. Been out of status doesnt/wouldnt help you in any case.