Can I file F1 before H4 reinstatement approval?

fnunb

I was a former TVU student.I have applied for reinstatement of H4 status on March 4, 2011 and received the receipt number for it.I have also applied for university admission and got the acceptance letter as well.

They are willing to send new I- 20 and asking to me apply for F1 reinstatement. My question is if I apply for F1,is there any chance that H4 reinstatement gets cancelled or is there any chance I can apply for F1 without cancelling my H4 reinstatement process?

I would like to know if I can start both processes, H4 (Dependent Visa status) and F1(Student), simultaneously or If I need to wait until one of the statuses get approved as I can only keep one of them.

Would you please advise me?

Thanks,

I was a former TVU student.I have applied for reinstatement of H4 status on March 4, 2011 and received the receipt number for it.I have also applied for university admission and got the acceptance letter as well.

They are willing to send new I- 20 and asking to me apply for F1 reinstatement. My question is if I apply for F1,is there any chance that H4 reinstatement gets cancelled or is there any chance I can apply for F1 without cancelling my H4 reinstatement process?

I would like to know if I can start both processes, H4 (Dependent Visa status) and F1(Student), simultaneously or If I need to wait until one of the statuses get approved as I can only keep one of them.

Would you please advise me?

Thanks,
You can apply in the order you wish but the latest petition that gets approved will be your status.

For eg: If your H4 gets approved in April 2011 and your F1 gets approved in May 2011, then you are on F1 status.

It is advisable not to do so, because you may not be able to justify yourself to immigration officers. Think through the situation and apply to the status you want to go on.