Can I check somehow if person got deportation status on profile?

Oleh Balush

Friend of mine came to US on J1 visa. It expires in 3 months and she stayed almost 2 years
illegally. Than she went back home to her home country. She got no marks on her passport
for overstaying visa. It was 4 years ago. Now she wants to visit USA as a tourist.
Is she gonna have problems in consulate for tourist visa ? Or maybe problems on the US border?
Thanks for all answers!

Friend of mine came to US on J1 visa. It expires in 3 months and she stayed almost 2 years
illegally. Than she went back home to her home country. She got no marks on her passport
for overstaying visa. It was 4 years ago. Now she wants to visit USA as a tourist.
Is she gonna have problems in consulate for tourist visa ? Or maybe problems on the US border?
Thanks for all answers!

Hi Oleh,

The U.S. embassy at your friend home country will have records that your friend overstayed her visa and will probably have a ban in place. She can try and apply but don't be surprised if she gets the visa application denied. (In the case your friend overstayed her visa and was out of status in the U.S.)

Check out this link as well for further info. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/visa-expiration-date.html#4

Oleh,
Same thing happened to my friend. She is from India and she stayed almost 6 months after expiring Visa.
Later on, she came back to India. Again when she applied her Visa got rejected. Then, one of her friend who stays in USA, arranged Working visa to her from one of the US registered firm. Then, again she is allowed to enter in USA :)

You can use this technique.