can I apply to university as a green card holder if I receive GC only in summer?

jula258

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible to apply for a MS degree as a green card holder if I receive the green card this summer, but the deadline to apply for the fall semester is soon in the winter? I hope that the residency will give me more opportunities for scholarships. However, some universities require providing an Alien # or a copy of green card. What to do? Thanks

it would probably depend on the school. you would want to check about rolling admissions in the specific colleges you are interested in. get working on it ahead of time and perhaps even call the schools and begin the discussions. in case you are not aware:

"Rolling admission is a policy used by many colleges to admit freshmen to undergraduate programs. Many law schools in the United States also have rolling admissions policies.[1] Under rolling admission, candidates are invited to submit their applications to the university anytime within a large window. The window is usually over six months long, and some schools do not have a previously specified end date (the window simply closes when all spots are filled). The university will then review the application and notify the applicant of their decision within a few weeks from submission."