Can I apply for K1 Visa whilst within my B2 travel visa

Redheadpm

I met a US Citizen online in 2009 we are both now 42, we met for the first time in Nov 2010 and since then I have spent 3-4 times a year travelling to see him & his family, he has been to the UK 4 times to visit me. We dont want to keep doing this indefinitely, not least for the cost but our families are also keen we make this commitment.

My first option is to try and get a transfer to my company's head office in Denver but as with any job market this cannot be guaranteed and working visa's are sometimes on short supply for companies, plus there needs to be a job I can do over there.

I have also looked into studying in the US but the cost is enormous and there is potential that my partner will need to move states due to work.

Therefore, at this time unless that becomes a reality I have decided to ask for sabbatical leave for six months, or failing that will leave work and travel to the USA on a 6 month travel visa. This may sound risky but we both want to be together and I have sufficient money to support me for this period of time.

Both myself and my partner want to spend this time as a full time couple we recognise that short spurts can be more like honeymoon periods than reality of a long term relationship. If everything goes as we hope then we want to get married so that I can permanently move to the USA and work, etc.

I am very nervous about the time/cost of the K1 process. Ideally, we want want to get married at the end of the b2travel visa time, but I know that this is frowned upon by the US Immigration Service as they will believe it is not a true reason for the travel visa. So what I want to know is can you apply for a K1 visa during the B2 travel period, if we decide we definitely want to get married. I am hoping if we can this means that even though I will likely need to return home whilst processing, the time would be much shorter.

Any advice on this would be hugely welcome as this is starting to stress both myself and my partner out and I find it incredulous that two genuine people who have done everything right (except being born in the same country) have such a challenge to be together.:(

Thanks in advance for any comments or responses.

Yes, you can apply for a K-1 visa while visiting the US. Just ensure you leave before the B-2 based I-94 expires.

So what I want to know is can you apply for a K1 visa during the B2 travel period, if we decide we definitely want to get married. I am hoping if we can this means that even though I will likely need to return home whilst processing, the time would be much shorter.