Can I Apply for a Graduate Study?

Oviy

Hi,
I came to California with B1 tourist visa and applied for political asylum in July 2014.
My status is pending now and I'm expecting to get Employment Authorization Document (EAD) in early January 2015.
In December and January, many universities are accepting graduate study applications. And I dunno my status and situation.
How can I apply for these programs, as an international student or what?
Can I apply for financial support or fellowship?
Does EAD give me ability to apply for graduate studies?
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks!

It depend on the university you are applying to. I would suggest you to contact their department of International Student or the International Admission (if there is one) and ask them if it is possible for you to apply while waiting for your decision.

If you are admitted you can for some fellowships, but it might be difficult in that case.
Anyway, you need to do a lot of preparations. So take your time and gather all the information.

I am an asylum seeker in Virginia and my daughter is also on my application.I was informed today by the local community college that my daughter as per USCIS guidelines is not eligible for full time admission as her visa status is still considered B1/B2. Asylum seeker is not considered eligible for college admission by them. had been trying to qualify for in state tuition since we have been in statefor last 3 years and paying taxes. She has secured very good GPA and SAT scores and got admission from Radford as well as Virginia Tech universities. But we could not afford the out of state fee so we decided to opt for community college for some time and then get the credits transferred but today I am being informed that she migjt be denied to get education.

I am an asylum seeker in Virginia and my daughter is also on my application.I was informed today by the local community college that my daughter as per USCIS guidelines is not eligible for full time admission as her visa status is still considered B1/B2. Asylum seeker is not considered eligible for college admission by them. had been trying to qualify for in state tuition since we have been in statefor last 3 years and paying taxes. She has secured very good GPA and SAT scores and got admission from Radford as well as Virginia Tech universities. But we could not afford the out of state fee so we decided to opt for community college for some time and then get the credits transferred but today I am being informed that she migjt be denied to get education.

I know of an asylum seeker and current enrolled in university of california , you need to show your social and work permit as proof of status

I have enrolled as an in-state resident in an undergraduate program at my local college. I am, however, ineligible for financial aid.
It really depends on the university whether or not they allow pending aslyums to register as in-state. It has little to do with your status from my experience.