Can H1B be filed along with green card

joejosephk

Hi
I\'m a registered nurse in US.I have filed for the gc by a hospital.Since it is taking long time can I file for H1 from another hospital.(Another hospital is willing to sponsor for h1).Is there any problem?

Pl reply
Thanks

U can

Your GC application can be considered for a future job. i.e. after GC approval you have to work for the hospital which sponsored your GC (There are some exceptions to this rule)
However you can work for another hospital while GC is in progress. Make sure that the GC sponsoring hospital continues with the process.

Similar situation. On last year of H-1 (6 years are over in July 2003). Transferring H-1 to another

I am transferring my h-1 to company B, while my existing company A has filed my GC and I am in the I-140 stage. My H-1 expires in July 2003. My existing company is willing to continue my GC as long as I come back when it is approved. My questions are:
1) Can I do this transfer for now?
2) When would I need to come back to the company that filed for my GC - after the 180 days of filing for I-485, after stamping my passport for change of status or after physical receipt of GC? What is the earliest or latest stage that I would have to join the GC processing company by?
3) If my h-1 expires in the mean while, can I still work of the new company on the EAD card received on the basis of GC filing for company A?
Thanks.

Re: GC and H-1

Can you tell me the procedure you went through to get the hospital to sponsor you for the H-1. Were you in the US when you interviewed with them ?

mehmud answers

1) U can do transfer now
2) After GC approval. Which means within a reasonable time after 485 stamping.
3)Yes if you have a EAD (i.e. about 90days from 485
RD) U can use EAD to work for company B.

If it is more than 180 days for INS to adjudicate your 485 app, you may not be obligated to join company A (your sponsoring employer)!!